If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
We are seeking an individual who is looking for opportunities to gain more experience in the field of Viticulture. The ideal candidate will have a passion for knowledge and a willingness to learn, with a background in Viticulture or the Wine Industry. This person will work very closely with the Winemaking and Viticulture teams at various companies and facilities and will have the opportunity to taste ferments and collaborate with many facets of the business.
This is a temporary assignment, generally between June through October. Schedules are determined on an as-needed basis to keep up with grape processing. This may include weekend work and overtime.
* Field Scouting
* Crop Estimates
* Water Stress Monitoring
* Irrigation Uniformity Checks
* Harvest Maturity Sampling
* Assisting with fruit scheduling
* Participate in training and safety programs to enhance job performance and knowledge.
* Safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal
* safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
* Ability to work from June through end of October
* Ability to work various shifts including weekends and overtime
* Recent graduate or pursuing a degree in Viticulture/Agriculture or related field
* Excellent organizational and communication skills - oral and written
* Experience in computer applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
* Previous harvest experience
* Ability to communicate in Spanish
* Strong sense of commitment
* Self-starter attitude
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Involves prolonged outdoor exposure in a range of weather conditions, loud noises, toxic chemicals and working near moving mechanical parts. Frequent walking, standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, crouch or crawl in vineyards. Must be able to stand and walk over rough or uneven terrain. Must be able to move up to 55 lbs. Must have a valid driver's license. Must be flexible with scheduling and willing to work long hours during crop estimation periods and harvest. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).