If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
The Sparkling Cellar Foreman oversees, trains, and motivates employees in the department to ensure quality, efficiency, and safety while assisting with day-to-day duties and special projects. As the Sparkling foreman you will manage a small team to ensure all activities of the sparkling cellar are met and on time delivery of product is met to keep with the bottling schedule.
* Under minimal direction of the Supervisor or Manager, assign daily work and tasks to employees with emphasis on successful delivery of wine to Bottling Department
* Manage team schedule to ensure proper coverage shift to shift and necessary overtime.
* Responsible for calculating and making additions based on current product specs.
* Reports directly to the Cellar Supervisor.
* Communicate effectively to sparkling winemaker and recommend proper adjustments.
* Operation of high pressure equipment; crossflows, heat exchangers, chillers, and more.
* Data Entry of Cellar Reports and Work Orders
* Check quality and quantity of work performed at various functions.
* Ensure compliance with Safety rules and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), and Good Management Practices (GMP's), Constellation Brands Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
* Train and mentor employees in proper work techniques, sustainability and safety.
* Refer employee relations and disciplinary issues to Manager/Supervisor.
* Perform all levels of hands-on tasks for the respective department with a direct role and active presence on the production floor
* Attend recommended/mandatory Company sponsored training
* Monitor Cellar Inventory and recommend supply purchases
* Conduct tailgates, discuss safety topics, and lead stretching exercises
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Safety-follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety
* Participate in Accident/Incident investigations
* Provide input/feedback to Supervisor for Employee Performance Evaluations
* Collaborate with other departments, contractors or vendors to improve processes
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 2-5 years' experience
* Must have basic writing, math and computer skills
* Excellent Attendance record
* Must be willing to work any shift as needed and Overtime
* Successful performance as Harvest Foreman or equivalent leadership role
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Physical Requirements: The employee frequently is required to sit, talk or listen and drive long distances. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, and bending are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Work Environment: Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to hazardous conditions. Irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours may be required, particularly during harvest.
* Travel Required: Occasional
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).