Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state of the art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market over two dozen core and exclusive brands including District 7, Sunny With A Chance Of Flowers, VDR, Ranch 32 and Ryder Estate.
The Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Manager will drive our online growth and customer acquisition through SEO, PPC, 3rd party site content management, social media and DTC e-commerce for our portfolio of global brands. This role requires knowledge of digital marketing and e-commerce best practices, preferably in the beverage or CPG space. It requires a data-driven and test & learn approach with ongoing evaluation of strategies based on performance and user behavior in order to drive continued profitability aligned with business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop strategy and drive key KPIs from all digital marketing channels including SEO of brand sites, 3rd-party e-commerce partners, distributor platforms, social channels, and DTC e-commerce for select brands
• Oversee digital content creation and ensure best-practice execution by the digital team in partnership with the brand managers to ensure best-in-class content across all channels
• Utilize market research, customer feedback, analytics data, industry trends, and e-commerce performance data to identify new opportunities and inform overall customer strategy, category management, and omni-channel programming
• Create and manage digital budgets across brands, optimizing and refining based on performance metrics
• Monitor trends and recommend alterations in online marketing strategy as needed to maximize ROI
• Amplify current digital efforts across brands and 3rd party sites, ensuring consistent messaging and brand voice to consumers
• Translation of business intent, customer needs, and/or technical direction into clear, concise, well-documented product requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors’ degree in marketing, digital communications or similar field a plus
• 5-8+ years proven work experience in digital marketing and ecommerce sales
• 2-3+ years managing staff
• Experience developing and managing digital e-commerce and social media strategies and plans
• Prior experience in alcohol beverage industry preferred
• Experience managing digital marketing initiatives with a deep understanding of:
• Paid media (online)
• SEO & content marketing
• Digital user experience
• Digital design & processes
• 3rd party beverage e-commerce platforms (a plus)
• Understanding of WineDirect or other wine e-commerce platforms
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build partnerships, manage stakeholders, and work collaboratively with cross-functional departments
• Excellent problem-solving skills – ability to adapt quickly to changing business priorities and opportunities
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines offers a competitive base compensation, bonus, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Employees enjoy a large discount on our products.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.