SUMMARY: Assist in managing the day-to-day equipment repairs, maintenance and fabrication of all equipment and vehicles related to the Vineyard Operations. Proactively planning and anticipating the needs of the vineyards in each of the 4 seasons to execute farming practices on time. Create and maintain a team environment for direct reports such that individuals help each other to succeed for the benefit of the team and the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Equipment Operations Manager in overseeing the company’s fleet of tractors, A.T.V.s, trucks, vehicles, harvesters, tractor implements, gas and diesel engines and other electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
• Coordinate general repairs of mobile and non-mobile equipment necessary for efficient vineyard operations.
• Properly, safely and productively use a wide range of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, gas and hand tools.
• Assist/operate gas, arc, mig and tig welding for fabrication and repairs.
• Transport and coordinate equipment using commercial vehicles.
• Trouble shoot and diagnose problematic and/or defective equipment. Assist in timely engineering of safe solution.
• Use creative skills to invent new and/or improve current equipment to enhance vineyard mechanization
• Ensure vineyard equipment team and ranch supervisors are equipped with proper tools/equipment.
• Enlists internal and external resources to improve standard work processes and material handling methods.
• Improves and document the effectiveness of systems, policies and procedures.
• Communicates with vineyard supervisors on equipment problems, work schedule changes and upcoming plans.
• Participates in team meetings and make recommendations regarding quality enhancement, cost savings, improved safety.
• Participates in and contributes to sustainability, lean manufacturing and appropriate efficiency improvement systems.
• Supervise all work completions in GPS based remote asset management/tracking program (GeoForce)
• Provide input and develop annual equipment budgets for operations and capital plans.
• Manage parts and materials purchasing with Procurement including invoicing and approvals.
• Facilitate equipment specific training and documentation.
• Support vineyard equipment special needs/requests.
• Assist in compliance management and regulatory agencies (DOT, EPA, Hazardous waste, CalOSHA)
• Follows all GMPs related to BRC and ensures work area meets food safety standards
• Drive company vehicle to and from various ranches.
• Train, mentor, develop, and discipline team members.
• Perform annual employee assessments.
• Work with outside vendors and the Procurement Department for the procurement of parts and services
• Degree in Maintenance Technology or other similar trade certificate
• 5 or more years of technical production, operations, or technical maintenance management
• Strong background in ag mechanics including gas and diesel engines.
• 5 years of supervisory experience in maintenance management.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a must
• Experience working in a Union a plus
• GPS bases telemetry and remote asset management.
• Regulatory and compliance management.
• Demonstratable organizational skills.
• Able to multitask and prioritize jobs based on the level of criticality.
• Computer skills- spreadsheet, word processing, Outlook email.
• Work a six-day work week with extended hours as needed
• Required to lift and carry product and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to push and pull heavy objects
• Ability to climb, stoop, bend and lift
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Vineyards, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.