Thomas George Estates is hiring for the upcoming 2021 harvest! We are a small family winery located in Healdsburg, CA, in the center of the Russian River AVA. We crush about 250 tons of premium fruit grown in our four Estate Vineyards. We specialize in producing premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, as well as other varieties such as Zinfandel, Viognier, Grenache Noir and Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Cabernet Sauvignon. We are committed to making wines that demonstrate site specificity and vintage character.
We are looking for interns that are interested in the winemaking process and in wine in general, are hard-working, have a positive can-do attitude, keen eye for detail, can work as a team and/or alone and are able to quickly adapt to changes.
Harvest interns will join our small team and are expected to perform tasks such as crop estimates, vineyard sampling, laboratory duties, winery sanitation, fermentation management and barrel work.
Internships are expected to begin in July and will continue through October/November, depending on the growing season. We do not work nightshifts, and you will generally have one day off a week during the peak of harvest. Lunch is provided on the days we receive fruit!
• Ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
• Ability to climb, bend, stand for prolonged lengths of time, and be able to lift 40lbs
• At least one harvest experience preferred
• Forklift driving experience a plus
• Lab experience a plus
• Hold a clean DMV driving record
• Ability to legally work in the USA
• Have a reliable daily transportation to work
Please email email@example.com with a brief cover letter, CV/resume and references to apply.