The Grower Relations Internship Program is searching for appropriate candidates to fill 3-6 month positions (June-December) within our Grower Relations Department in the Lodi region. Under the direction of the Grower Relations Manager, this position is responsible for assisting with pre harvest and harvest activities including monitoring grower vineyards, sampling, and scheduling of fruit from external grower vineyards.
* Support all Grower Relations operations.
* Monitors grower vineyards for pests and diseases
* Responsible for sugar sampling using established procedures and assisting with coordination of sugar sampling schedules.
* Participate in daily grape scheduling activities.
* Required to drive to and from varying ranch locations.
* High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
* Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree in the College of Agriculture or College of Sciences; OR have a Bachelor's degree in the College of Agriculture or College of Sciences.
* Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
* Requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
* Junior or Senior at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Plant Science, Ag Business, Horticulture, Viticulture, or Enology.
* General viticulture knowledge.
* Grape pest and disease identification.
* Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, AgCode a plus.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able stand for long periods of time to walk around vineyards (80% of time). Must be able to sit for long periods of time for computer work as needed. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work Environment:
+ Works outdoors/indoors
+ Works in warm/cold climates
+ Works in high places
+ Works on wet surfaces
+ Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
+ Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
+ Must be able to move up to 55 pounds
+ Primary assignment environment may be in vineyard and/or winery facilities
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).