The Wine Group is hiring for a temporary lead position for the grape harvest season. Under limited supervision, the Seasonal Test Stand Lead trains all test stand employees and ensures test stand procedures and processes are followed at all times. The Test Stand Lead interacts with cellar, winemaking, grower scheduling, grower relations, and scale house personnel, provides test stand safety training to personnel (as required), does daily scheduling, and solving all test stand related problems. The Test Stand Lead also performs general test stand sampling work, including sampling grape trucks; cleaning and sanitizing test stand, operating mechanically assisted sampling probe or back-up manual probe, and general cleaning. Ideal candidates will have experience in a lead or supervisory role involving directing or leading others and responsibility for decision making. Prior test stand or winery/production experience is a plus! Must be able to work temporarily from July through November on graveyard shift (hours between 11pm - 9am) and be comfortable working in an outdoor environment dealing with weather elements and heavy lifting.
* Work with limited direct supervision, which includes the ability to use independent judgment regarding work tasks.
* Train test stand staff in routine work responsibilities and process parts of the job.
* Creates weekly and daily schedules for test stand employees.
* Take feedback/directions from cellar, grower scheduling and winemakers and apply them to test stand operations.
* Enforce winery grape standards and accepting or rejecting delivered grapes accordingly.
* Provide directions to other test stand workers.
* Perform general test stand sampling work, including sampling grape trucks, cleaning and sanitizing test stand, test stand equipment, sample buckets, bins, beakers, sinks, tabletops, and related areas, operating mechanically assisted sampling probe or back-up manual probe, assisting other personnel, general cleaning, and other test stand sampling related tasks.
* Work with company provided computers and applications.
* Perform repetitious lifting of weights up to 50 lbs.
* Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting, such as sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using spraying equipment, power washer, all general housekeeping and cleaning tasks, including washing equipment.
* Maintain cooperative relations with co-workers and management.
* Must have attention to safety and attendance.
* Remain alert and to operate all machinery and equipment and perform job tasks in a safe and efficient manner to prevent injury to the employee and himself/herself and others in the employee's work area.
* Operation of basic hand tools
* Will perform other essential job functions as required.
* Must be 21 or older at the time of hire
* Test stand experience is a plus!
* Experience in a lead or supervisory role involving directing or leading others and responsibility for decision making.
* No experience in a production or manufacturing environment required
* Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand instructions in English
* Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
* Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directives.
* Must be flexible with shift schedule and have ability to work any shift as required.
* Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
* Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
* Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
* Ability to work outside and exposure to dry, wet, or humid conditions
* Ability to work at heights up to 5 ft.
* May work with household chemicals, lifting lug bins or buckets weighing up 50 lbs.
* Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production and outdoors environment
* Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.