An established winery, returning to downtown Sonoma, is looking for reliable and engaging full-time and part-time Tasting Room Associates to join our team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Generating wines sales, club memberships and customer data collection via hospitality, education and sales presentations to winery guests.
• Working in partnership with co-workers and management to develop memorable guest experiences and meet or exceed individual sales revenue and membership goals.
• Providing a superior customer experience and service while enhancing guests’ knowledge on the unique qualities of our wines.
• Being a team player, working with other tasting room associates to reach team sales goals
• Working at winery events onsite or within the community when needed.
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on wines and changes in POS procedures.
• Working both behind the bar in the tasting room, as well as, in small or large private.
• Accurately documenting all pertinent information regarding customer billing, shipping, pricing, and contact information
• Utilizing excellent time management skills
• Assisting with monthly physical inventory counts in the tasting room
• Ensuring safety protocols are met throughout the confines of the tasting room and outside hospitality space.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
• Must be able to work a regular schedule of Fri – Tues, which includes weekends and may include holidays.
• Ability to be flexible to change schedules to cover shifts when needed.
• Able to lift and carry 45lb. boxes up and down stairs and stand for extended periods.
• Knowledge of wines and an interest in developing expertise in wine.
• Retail/Sales experience (experience in wine/hospitality industry is desirable)
• Good communication skills, bi-lingual Spanish skills helpful
• Computer literate with experience with POS systems.
To be considered, please submit a resume.
Highway 12 Winery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.