As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for key aspects of business projects varying from process improvements to capital projects. Projects will range from the vineyards, process equipment to tasting rooms. You will be an integral part of the corporate engineering team providing technical support to site engineers, production and maintenance teams across the company. Under direction of the Engineering Project Manager you will use project management skills to lead capital projects, facility initiatives, and engineering design efforts.
* Responsible for project management during implementation of construction, process controls, equipment, and system commissioning.
* Create specifications, develop, implement, and perform risk assessments of manufacturing equipment and process standards that drive continuous improvement.
* Interface with vendors and contractors ensuring specifications and requirements are incorporated from preliminary design through execution of projects.
* Collect, analyze, and interpret data to find losses and identify continuous improvement strategies driving cost reduction and operational efficiencies.
* Collaborate with cross functional team and business stakeholders to manage project scope, timeline, and budget.
* Collaborate with engineering and cross functional colleagues on best practice application developing a culture of high performance and process optimization.
* Assist the Project Engineering Manager with the planning, justification, and execution of strategic Capital Projects.
* Assist the Project Engineering Manager in the drafting, documentation, and issuance of project proposals, RFP's, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules.
* Provides project leadership and direction on work projects with other disciplines on site, coordinating efforts, providing technical guidance, and reviewing assignment progress.
* Coordinates with cross functional team members to create test plans, start-up plans, and success criteria.
* Communicates plans and other agreements to stakeholders for alignment while listening to feedback and making modifications if appropriate.
* Confers with researchers and other engineers to clarify and resolve problems; prepares design modifications, as appropriate.
* Coordinates activities of project personnel and contractors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
* Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, or equivalent)
* Expertise and knowledge in packaging and processing equipment design such as bottle fillers, palletizers, conveyors, pumps, centrifuges, evaporators, and filtration systems
* Minimum 5+ years in a manufacturing environment and/or project management role
* Demonstrated experience in process improvements and project management
* Experience in developing proactive maintenance programs to drive asset utilization
* Demonstrated ability to develop and implement specifications & processes across multiple departments and/or locations
* Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels within an enterprise
* Results oriented change agent
* Problem solver
* CPG, Food and/or Beverage manufacturing environment
* 7+ years in a continuous improvement or project engineer role
* Experience developing process optimization standards and procedures for an entire enterprise/business unit
* Lean Six Sigma certification
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Work Environment:
+ Works outdoors/indoors
+ Works in warm/cold climates
+ Works in high places
+ Works on wet surfaces
+ Is exposed to loud noise, fumes, and/or toxic chemicals
+ Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
+ Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
+ Primary office environment may be warehouse distribution setting
* This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship
Field Office - CA
Field Office - CA - Inyo/Tulare/Kings/Kern/Riverside/San Bernardino/San Diego/San Luis Obispo, Field Office - CA - Los Angeles/Ventura/Orange/Santa Barbara, Field Office - CA - Monterey/Santa Cruz, Field Office - CA - San Francisco/San Mateo/Santa Clara/Marin/San Benito, Field Office - CA - San Joaquin/Madera/El Dorado/Fresno/Mariposa/Merced/Nevada/Placer/Sacramento/Stanislaus/Tuolumne/Yolo, Napa, California, San Francisco, California
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).