Technology isn't scary to you. You are passionate about people and agriculture. As the Vineyard Director, you will lead a Vineyard Operations team, in developing supply management and viticulture strategies, with an EHS and continuous improvement mindset. Fostering thoughtful leadership that leverages technology for maximum output in producing the highest quality wine grapes, while ensuring fiscal requirements are met.
* Lead best-in-class multi-disciplined, diverse team which embody a driven obsession for grape quality and cutting-edge results using advanced and environmentally sustainable farming practices and tools
* Balance the multi-site environment with competing stakeholder demands whilst ensuring all short/long-term targets are met or exceeded
* Drive leadership and people development across the department through performance and talent management, succession planning, while fostering diverse and inclusive team environment.
* Engaged viticulture teams at all levels through effective recruitment, mentoring, training and development strategies
* Ensure the department's labor utilization is maximized, including people structures are appropriate and teams are trained and engaged
* Successful business relationships are in place with key third parties including current and prospective FLC, consultants, key vendor etc.
* Establish and lead a culture of Health and Safety across the production department that strives beyond compliance and is proactive, embedded and understood
* Develop, manage and continually improve viticulture capability to meet current and future business requirements, ensuring compliance standards are met or exceeded in relation to workplace standards, EH&S, quality and environmental sustainability
* Ensure all legislative and CBI compliance standards are met or exceeded in relation to workplace standards, EH&S, quality standards and environmental sustainability
* Develop strategies and execute through the team, ensuring grape supply demands are met
* Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that all grape quality has the required characteristics
* In conjunction with the Director of Viticulture, formulate and implement technical programs as required to meet the grape quality parameters for the company
* Manage the annual harvest logistics planning processes
* Create and manage the annual regional operational and capital budgets for the vineyards to ensure the department functions within budget and in the most cost-effective manner
* Continue to implement best practice and refine existing process through application of Continuous Improvement (CI) principles, by leading CI thinking through viticulture
* Manage the department's key business performance metrics and targets through effective and appropriate measurement, reporting and ongoing analysis
* Bachelor of degree in Viticulture or relevant tertiary degree (or relevant experience, applicable), including 8+ years of managing progressive corporate vineyard experience
* Experience managing/supervising high performing teams
* Ability to travel between Northern to Central California
* Understanding of contractual documentation
* Excellent vineyard problem-solving ability
* Exposure to effectively organizing and allocating staff resources
* Robust MS Office experience and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to present to various levels in the organization
* Spanish skills highly preferred
* Wine Management Data Base, WICO, SAP, Ariba and AgCode system experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
duals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).