Alpha Omega Winery is looking forward to once again expanding upon our special EVENTS - post- COVID; and so we are in search of a super star EVENT Manager that is passionate about all the details of the planning and execution of beautiful events, is super-organized and exceptional at digitally capturing the details for present and future reference.
This new addition to our EVENTS Team will Serve as the team's Project Manager:
- handling full event cycle in collaboration with all partners.
- Work closely with the Event Production Manager to coordinate and communicate with key departments regarding timing, deliveries, setup and other pertinent event details, for both virtual and LIVE events.
-Serve as Administrator of the documents and details for each of the Events in the systems.
-Step into lead role in the absence of the Director of Events (vacation, etc.)
Position Job Description
Provide impeccable quality customer service throughout the planning, preparation and execution of the special virtual and LIVE Events hosted by Alpha Omega. Responsible for capturing all of the details of the events in the systems, placing of orders, processing of payments, and keeping the projects on time. Keeps Director informed of any issues that might arise.
Works collaboratively with Event Production Manager, and all involved in the design, prep and implementation of events, under the direction of the Director of Events. Is available to Open and Close facility as required.
A. Plan and prepare Event Orders, contracts, menus, floor plans and event timelines.
B. Execute event timelines/logistics during the event.
C. Order event supplies as needed.
D. Brainstorm with Event Team regarding event details to include the COO, Director of Events, Vintners and others as needed.
E. Manage full event cycle: working cross functionally with multiple internal departments and outside vendors including entertainment, lighting, staging, etc. insuring they comply with AO policies.
F. Work closely with the Event Production Manager to coordinate and communicate with key departments regarding timing, deliveries, setup and other pertinent event details (chairs, tables, decorations, staging, winery spaces being used, etc)
G. Maintain and update event information in ReServe Cloud.
H. Process event deposits & client payments.
I. Prepare monthly Event Department work schedules.
J. Open, close facility for events as required.
K. Maintain complete event file for each individual event (hard copies and e-files).
L. Email communications with potential event clients and providing the information requested.
M. Host property site inspections for clients as needed.
N. Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Skills & Specifications:
• Enjoy social events and interaction with guests.
• Currently has (or will obtain) Food Safety Manager Certification
• Working knowledge of Wine Direct for transaction processing as needed
• Experience in event planning and execution – passion for events industry
• Ability to work quickly and under pressure.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and discretion with confidential information
• Be dependable and work independently as well as with others.
• Willing and able to work in team environment – in a leadership role. Keep good relations with team members by portraying positive attitude and willingness to work together.
• Be professional role model – mature with superior customer service skills.
• While performing duties in this role, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to outside weather conditions, cold warehouse conditions and varying degrees of heat and cold.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Employee is exposed to all food types including, but not limited to, shellfish, fish, beef, lamb, chicken, fruits, vegetables, nuts, peanuts, etc.