SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the Cost Accounting Manager will be responsible for product and process costing and for overseeing the day-to-day accounting including general ledger and account reconciliations. This position will report to the Controller, and also support the Chief Financial Officer and other Accounting department staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain month-end inventory reconciliations for all inventory types (wine, vineyard and winery inputs, and finished goods)
• Analyze and communicate inventory variances per budget
• Cost and post finished goods bottlings on a monthly basis
• Oversee bill of material set up for inventory items
• Develop and maintain costs accounting protocols for all products and processes
• Assist in the monthly and annual closing processes, including account analysis and reconciliations, (bank accounts, inventories, fixed assets, depreciation, debt and interest accruals, prepaid accounts, deposits, accruals and clearing accts), as well as the management of journal entries and account ledgers
• Support the financial budget process, including assisting department managers in the creation and maintenance of budget reporting
• Provide ongoing financial reporting and analytical support to Controller and CFO
• Development and maintenance of fixed asset reporting
• Prepare and post journal entries with proper support
• Assist with special projects when necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
• Microsoft Navision experience preferred
• Winery, vineyard or agriculture experience preferred
• LANGUAGE - Ability to respond to basic inquiries from clients and business affiliates. Ability to read and write required correspondence that confirm to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to co-workers, affiliates, clients and the public.
• TECHINICAL – Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Must have solid knowledge of accounting principles and financial processing.
• GENERAL – Well organized with the ability to prioritize, and an attention to detail with problem solving abilities.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines offers a competitive base salary and bonus plan, a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Employees enjoy a generous discount on our wine products.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.