Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world's leading wine companies. We know that it's the thinkers, makers and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognized as the world's most admired premium wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, to the broad appeal of Beringer, Etude, Sterling, Stags' Leap, Beaulieu Vineyard and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the role
This position will assist with all cellar duties pertinent to the production of quality wines. You will also be responsible for cellar operations such as racking, blending, barrel work and harvest operations to further the goal of TWE to become the most admired premium wine company in the world.
* Create a safe and respectful work environment.
* Work professionally and maturely when working under supervision or working independently.
* Learn and adhere to all Safety and Food Quality standards and practices.
* Perform all cellar sanitation according to SOP's as listed in the Cellar performance matrix.
* Perform all cellar operations such as racking, blends, shipping/receiving, wine movements, measurements, etc. as listed in the Cellar performance matrix.
* Operate all cellar and harvest equipment; including wine pumps, presses, destemmer, cap management devices, filters, etc.
* Knowledge of wine additives and their proper use and handling. Knowledge of chemical SDS warnings and proper safety methods of handling chemicals.
* Perform tank additions according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Perform all inventories, including bulk wine tanks, chemicals, and barrels.
* Organize and maintain Cellar barrel inventory and maintenance, including barrel scanning.
* Learn and perform Mobile bottling operations, including Dry Goods inventory controls.
* Teach and assist in the development of the temporary harvest Wine Technicians and less experienced Wine Tech 1 & 2.
* Forklift operation and certification.
* A minimum of 5 years of winery cellar experience
* Demonstrated leadership capability.
* HS Diploma or equivalent desired.
* Basic math and English (written and verbal) skills.
* Ability to work overtime, especially during harvest
* Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to be a team player, an effective communicator, adaptive, self-directed and organized.
What's in it for you
* The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
* Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
* True flexibility in determining how, when and where you work to achieve your potential
* Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
* Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're really good at doing this!)
* Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
* "TWEforME Day" - an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you
* Meeting-free Monday mornings (we all love this!)
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver together - that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We're definitely "glass half full" people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you're ready to help us be the world's most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact email@example.com, quoting the job title and reference number.
How to apply
We do move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you don't want to miss out, apply today.