V59 Wines, the California distribution arm of Vintage '59 Imports, is seeking a driven sales representative to service restaurant and retail accounts in the Los Angeles area. Territory is geographically flexible but will be focused on developing accounts in Mid-City, WeHo, Venice, Santa Monica, San Fernando Valley, and the beach cities.
About V59 Wines & Spirits
We represent artisanal wine producers from USA, France, Spain, Italy and NZ, along with a burgeoning selection of artisanal spirit producers (Mezcal; cask-bottled Armagnac & Rum; and a number of small-batch Brandies). We’re a dynamic, supportive company, made up of folks who like sales and are proud of what we offer.
To interested wine professionals, we’d like to hear from you if you:
- have an approachable and responsive communication style with customers and coworkers alike
- share in our enthusiasm for wines & spirits of artisanal family production
- possess initiative, work ethic, and resilience; hold yourself to high standards
- show history of ability for making sales at wholesale, restaurant, specialty wine retail, or similar level
- have some great relationships within the wine & spirits community in your territory, and know how to network
- reside in sales territory
- are able to work evenings and occasional weekends to meet business needs, as part of a very flexible workweek
- have a home office (or alternative available workspace) with reliable cellphone & internet connectivity
- are 21 years or older
- are looking for a long term professional home
and even better, if you have:
- extensive experience selling small production European and West Coast USA wines & spirits at wholesale or other level
- extensive network of contacts with buyers within territory at on- and off-premise accounts
- French language skills
- a wine certification
- familiarity with producers in the Vintage ’59 book
Compensation is commensurate with experience.