V59 Wines, the California distribution arm of Vintage '59 Imports, is seeking two driven sales representatives to service restaurant and retail accounts in the Los Angeles area. Territories are geographically flexible but will be focused on growing a strong base of existing business and developing accounts in:
Position 1) Santa Monica, Mid-City, WeHo, Venice, San Fernando Valley, and the beach cities.
Position 2) DTLA, Silverlake, Los Feliz, Hollywood, and Pasadena.
Please specify the territory you are applying for, when responding to this job posting.
About V59 Wines & Spirits
We represent artisanal wine producers from France & elsewhere in Europe, USA, and NZ, along with a burgeoning selection of spirit producers (Mezcal; cask-bottled Armagnac & Rum; and a number of small-batch Brandies). We’re a dynamic, supportive company, made up of folks who like sales and are proud of what we offer.
To interested wine professionals, we’d like to hear from you if you:
- have an approachable and responsive communication style with customers and coworkers alike
- share in our enthusiasm for wines & spirits of artisanal family production
- possess initiative, work ethic, and resilience; hold yourself to high standards
- can contribute to the success of our sales team at an individual and company level
- show history of ability for making sales in wholesale, restaurant, specialty wine retail, or similar environment
- have some great relationships within the wine & spirits community in your territory, and know how to network
- reside in sales territory
- are able to work evenings and occasional weekends to meet business needs, as part of a very flexible workweek
- have a home office (or alternative available workspace) with reliable cellphone & internet connectivity
- are 21 years or older
- are looking for a long term professional home
and even better, if you have:
- extensive experience selling small production European and West Coast USA wines & spirits at wholesale or other level
- extensive network of contacts with buyers within territory at on- and off-premise accounts
- French language skills
- a wine certification
- familiarity with producers in the Vintage ’59 book
please get in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you!