Treasury Wine Estates owns several wineries within California from the Central Coast to California's Northern Napa County. Our primary focus is to produce quality wines by selecting top vineyards and fruit from various sub-appellations. Each winery showcases a unique personality and contributes to TWE's passion for being the best and the industry leader.
About the role:
The purpose of the internship is to provide a learning experience in the field of laboratory or enology (by teaching our lab practices using theoretical and hands-on experience). The overall goal would be supporting the Winemaking and Production team by providing both analytical laboratory analysis and quality assurance functions for the entire central coast operations in a high throughput laboratory.
* Seasonal support for existing lab staff, by performing analytical chemistry analysis in a wine lab.
* Sanitation of the laboratory is one of the primary functions or this position (i.e. washing glassware, cleaning counter tops, etc.)
* Works in the lab under the direction of the full-time lab staff and wine chemists.
* Perform chemical analyses of wines and juices using a variety of methods, including titration, distillation, enzymatic chemistry, atomic absorption, and other specialized instrumentation.
* Perform bench-scale trials, to include trial blending, stability testing, filterability, color evaluations, fining trials, and acid or sugar series to support the production of several brands.
* Perform Quality Assurance tasks, as needed.
* Contribute to SOP and Risk Assessment reviews.
* Responsible for learning, adhering to and enforcing department and company policies and procedures.
* Follow all HSE (Health, Safety, and Environmental) rules, regulations, and policies. Work as a Lab team member to promote and improve HSE compliance at Meridian.
* Adheres to all SOP's including all HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) / FSQ (Food Safety Quality)/ HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) training rules and policies.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor degree in Science, preferably chemistry or fermentation science preferred, plus winery or related lab experience a plus.
* Ability to work overtime as needed and rotate through various work schedules to include shifts starting in the early morning or late afternoons.
* Good understanding of analytical chemistry and lab instrumentation.
* Computer literacy in MS applications required.
* Strong mathematical skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong organizational and time management, attention to detail.
* Ability to contribute to a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner that works positively with clients, customers, co-workers, and management.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org