Rack & Riddle is seeking a candidate for the position of a hands-on materials lead. Responsible for materials parts system set-up, packaging Bill of Materials, materials receiving, inventory control, and finished goods dispatch. Working with customers, suppliers and winery staff, this role facilitates accurate movement and staging of packaging supplies. Works closely with the production team and warehouse staff to create accurate pallet, bin, and cage identification tags. Maintains and processes accurate and timely system inventory records that support operational efficiency and effective flow of information. Lead person for all physical inventory records for client requirements and provide analysis for any inventory questions and reconciliations. Facilitates end of run reconciliation with our production and warehouse staff on all packaging supplies and reconciles inventory differences between warehouse management system and Winery tracking system. A strong focus on computer system inventory accuracy.
• Ensures timely set-up of materials in the computer tracking system. Facilitates Bill of Materials set-up ahead of production readiness:
o Sets up, maintains and manages all supplies/packaging materials in Winery tracking system - ensuring customer, category and project accounting functionality and integrity.
o Assists in BOM system maintenance and accuracy ahead of production work order creation
• Facilitates material flow that is synchronized with daily, weekly and monthly production schedules while optimizing site and warehouse space constraints.
• Proactively ensures material readiness for each bottling project and working with the Logistics & Materials Manager, stages the materials for each production line.
• Receives customer packaging supplies and uses approved inventory control practices to ensure inventory system accuracy.
• Communicates with winery staff, customers and suppliers as needed if material receipts are not compliant with specs or delivery requirements and seeks to mitigate impact to operations.
• Facilitates end of run reconciliation process for packaging materials. Provides updated information from the inventory tracking system to support reports and communication for customers.
• Accountable for inventory control and accuracy of all supplies. Supports appropriate cycle counting and physical inventory processes.
• Supports customer and carrier contact for outbound goods and materials and generates BOL’s/paperwork as required.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Embraces and acts as role model for a company culture that strives for a safe and teamwork-oriented environment that focuses on customer gratification by delivering high quality goods and service.
• Quality Assurance
• Cellar Operations
• Business Development
• Post high school education desired
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in warehouse, production and materials control roles.
• Demonstrated experience and certification on forklifts.
• Experience and exposure in materials management function desired.
• Computer and systems capability – including MS Office Suite/Excel, winery management software (ideally vinX2), and warehouse management system (ideally MOBE3) and other production/materials applications.
• Customer service orientation and focus.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Preference given to bilingual (English, Spanish) candidates.
• Inventory and warehouse management experience desired – including layout/design for optimization of resource and space.
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively within cross-functional team environment.
• Must possess high level of accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through in all tasks.
• Must be in good physical condition to work indoors/outdoors in cool and hot temperatures
• Ability to work safely and accurately in a fast-paced environment is required
• Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.