This role is responsible for supporting the sales activities for a number of brands within the Constellation Ventures portfolio. This will include driving distribution and programming among a targeted group of on and off premise accounts, as well as activation activities that will drive increased demand among consumers and support from gatekeepers. The role will also work with management teams from our Venture partners to plan, communicate and execute brand objectives with their distributor partners. The Manager will ensure we are achieving targeted growth in their territories through regular customer and distributor interaction, account calls, consumer activation, and distributor/gatekeeper training and education.
* Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships among a list of targeted key accounts and buyers. Leverage relationships to explore business opportunities (distribution, programming) throughout assigned territory.
* Maintain and expand sales of assigned Ventures brands through increasing distribution and execution of promotional activity in key designated accounts.
* Increase consumer awareness and trial through various consumer-facing activations (tastings, educational seminars, dinners, events)
* Work with, coach and educate distributor sales members on brand priorities and programs for assigned Venture brands.
* Provide feedback to Ventures partners and CBV Portfolio Director on market issues: opportunities, changes, distributor issues and competitive activity.
* Work with Ventures Partners and CBV Portfolio Director to develop action plans for business opportunities through the use of strategic insights and as applicable leverage distributor sales data.
* Measure the effectiveness of promotional and other volume driving / activation initiatives and suggest new approaches to overcome obstacles and improve the impact of these initiatives on sales results.
* Review, evaluate and suggest pricing programs in order to ensure competitiveness of assigned Ventures brands in the market place.
* Provide point of sale material and training/education to stakeholders in key on and off premise accounts.
* Conduct sales meetings, periodic team reviews, and market surveys with wholesaler to increase the prominence of assigned Ventures brands.
* Submit sales/activity reports as requested by Ventures Portfolio Director and provide market intelligence to help inform our approach to the market.
* Support, manage and proactively identify challenges that assigned Ventures brands face in area of responsibility.
* Ensure required reports and T&E are turned in timely and as necessary.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* Experience in managing supplier/distributor business.
* Minimum 3 years experience in the Beverage Alcohol industry required; keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system.
* Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
* Excellent communication skills; with ability to articulate effectively both verbally and in written form, and influence at all levels, gain commitment and initiate action.
* Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
* Computer literate with the ability to skillfully use software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Ability to utilize e-mail programs such as Outlook and Business information reporting tools
* Retail Experience, either on or off premise.
* Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance stairs/ladders
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
* Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
* Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plan/train as needed
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).