Luxury winery focused on Wine and food pairings located between St. Helena and Calistoga is seeking high energy, team oriented staff that understands how to provide exceptional hospitality and a memorable experience to our clients. Our appointment only winery offers guests a variety of experience options that include chef curated wine and food pairings, in-depth tours of our beautiful estate, and library tastings. We are a newer winery that is extremely sought after and we need additional hosts and concierge help in order to fill the amount of requests we are receiving. If you thrive in a small team environment and are passionate about wine and food, we want to talk to you!
Guest Experience – 75%
• Greeting visitors as they arrive on the property with a warm and inviting approach.
• Effectively selling our wines through engagement and development of relationships with our guest.
• Conducting each sale from bottle to delivery.
• Acting as an ambassador for the entire Napa region by developing knowledge of other wineries, local restaurants and other Napa Valley experiences.
• Anticipate guest needs and find ways to exceed guest expectations.
• Hosting tastings for all guests including Club Members, Trade and VIP’s in a small luxury setting.
• A friendly and sincere reception and farewell, using guest names when possible.
• Providing a clear presentation of the Wine Club features and benefits to our guests.
Operational Support – 25%
• Booking guest experiences in a timely professional manner via phone, in-person and email.
• Updating our POS with correct information and tracking customer shipments.
• Follow and execute on the opening and closing procedures.
• Maintaining wine inventory and organization within the Wine Storage Room and Tasting Room.
• Set up and breakdown of the glassware, plates, water and proper marketing materials.
• Bussing guest tables, buffing glassware and restocking materials as required.
What does it take to be considered for this position?
- Experience in a proven wine sales/hospitality/events environment, preferably within the luxury brands market.
- Strong passion and knowledge of the relationship of wine and food and how to describe it to the guest.
- Proven sales track record with a strong ability to work within a small team environment.
- Genuine passion for building relationships with people, both guest and fellow team members.
- A willingness to help where help is needed.
- Working knowledge of POS programs, Preferable ECellars
- Excellent communication skills, both over the phone, in person and written.
- A person that understands that details matter and pays close attention to managing the details of guest experience.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups with confidence and clarity.
- Honesty, Approachability and Integrity
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends(required) and evenings on occasion.
- Ability to stoop, bend, sit, reach, climb, kneel, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- A valid California driver’s license
Hourly rate DOE plus Wine club, tips, and sales commissions. Monthly wine allocation, 401K with match available after probationary period.