Larkmead Vineyards historic estate is one of the oldest family-owned establishments in Napa Valley. The 110-acre vineyard surrounds the state-of-the-art winery and tasting room. The farmhouse style tasting room and production facility are both classic and comfortable, providing a place of peaceful reflection away from a busy and demanding world. The vineyard is tailored to select varieties, clones and rootstock to suit the special characteristics of each individual block on the property. The rich history from its original founded date in 1895 to its current place as a steward of the land and established figure in the industry makes working at Larkmead Vineyards a very unique opportunity.
Larkmead Vineyards is looking for a dynamic, friendly, professional, experienced member of hospitality to join the team at Larkmead. The primary function of this role is retail wine sales with emphasis on the guest experience. The Estate Host assists in creating a long-lasting relationship between the estate and visiting guests by providing an overview of the estate history, a brief walk of the property, and a comprehensive tasting of our wines. Larkmead also offers a Membership program. Member sign-ups are an important result of an exemplary experience to the estate. The Estate Host provides an in-depth understanding of the Winery and Property from soil to glass and will be tasked with assisting guests and callers with wine advice, questions, and will further assist with reservations. Prior wine experience is a must.
• Host and educate visiting guests, within the parameters of the hospitality program, through comprehensive wine knowledge, and seated tastings.
• Process orders and Membership sign-ups in POS system having collected all pertinent customer information as noted in SOP’s.
• Perform administrative duties such as mailing list data entry, follow-up phone calls and other duties assigned.
• Set up and break down tasting spaces with detailed formatting.
• Adhere to and facilitate the policies set forth in the SOP’s and other changing directions of management.
• Maintain a clean, safe environment for guests and employees at all times.
• Assist in winery marketing events when required.
• Answer the phone in a prompt and courteous manner and assist guests with scheduling reservations and placing phone orders.
• Assist with regular inventory counts.
• Other side projects as assigned.
• 5+ years’ experience in luxury winery sales and hospitality environment.
• Possess a positive, friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong and effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Possess and understands basic wine knowledge in a global context from vineyard to bottle.
• Task oriented with attention to detail and the ability to manage changing priorities.
• Ability to learn and speak in depth about wine, wine making, wine history and grape growing practices.
• Proficient with; e-Commerce/CRM applications, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to make adjustments to work schedule to best suit the needs of the winery.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license.
This is a Full-time, hourly position with benefits that include 401k, Health and Dental Insurance as well as accrued vacation.