Hourglass winery is seeking a motivated intern to assist us with our 2021 harvest. We focus on production of premium estate wines. Looking for a hardworking candidate that has an interest in learning in a small production environment working directly with the winemakers. This is a great introduction to a career in wine production.
Responsibilities will include cleaning/sanitation, receiving and crushing fruit, additions, fermentation management including pumpovers, punchdowns, pressing, and barrel work.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• Good communication, punctuality, and mathematical skills.
• Good manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude, and mindset for safety.
• Ability to lift up to 50- 100 lbs, stand, kneel, crawl, and climb for extended periods.
• Ability to work for long hours 7 days a week and in hot temperatures.
• Ability to drive a fork-lift is a plus, but not required.
• Previous harvest or cellar work is a plus, but not required.
• Own means of transportation and housing arrangements.
This is a seasonal internship position at our winery in Napa Valley, between St Helena & Calistoga. The estimated time period for this position is late August through mid November, but may vary depending on the vintage.