Responsible for developing and maintaining Quilt & Co wine lounge and tasting room guest experience that exceeds the expectations of all guests, along with day-to-day management of the Quilt & Co budget, local press outreach, & social media collaboration.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Key Decision Making in this Role:
• Enact the vision and strategy for the business developed with DTC Manager
• Execute the tactical plans against these strategies to deliver consistent and impressive financial growth and strategic results.
• Manage and balance the Quilt &Co Budget with DTC Manager
• Execute Quilt & Co wine lounge and tasting room marketing programs across varied platforms, including print, web, email and social media, to accomplish DTC goals.
• With the DTC Manager, create compelling programs and events at the tasting room and other properties to attract the right consumers, deliver exceptional and unique experiences, and drive sales.
• Ensure marketing and branding message is consistent with Brand Marketing standards across all channels and consumer touch points. Work with Marketing to develop needed marketing creative materials, including collateral, advertisements and signage.
• Create and manage comprehensive outreach program to develop and leverage partner relationships to increase brand awareness and consumer visitation.
• Liaise with national marketing and PR teams to ensure all programs work toward common winery/brand goals and objectives.
Sales & Revenue Management:
• Assist DTC manager with financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting for the tasting room.
• Ensure financial accuracy of all tasting room transactions. Provide support and training to staff as needed to ensure this is accomplished.
• Drive and conduct business analyses across channels and work with DTC Manager to develop sound business plans from these findings.
• Design systems and processes to ensure efficient, effective and consistent business operations.
• Supervise and lead the Tasting Room staff – full, part-time, and seasonal – in their tactical execution of the tasting room plan
• Execute clear and specific sales and hospitality performance standards as determined by the company’s values and manage staff to excel at these standards.
• Lead the tasting room staff in the execution of the sales and hospitality plans to ensure they have the highest possible level of success
• Lead, inspire, manage, motivate, coach and mentor staff -- including both direct reports and broader team – to optimize team morale and performance. Activities include staff planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, firing, training, goal setting, assigning and directing work, conducting performance reviews, and addressing/resolving problems.
• Deliver an exceptional Trade Visitor experience to further the relationship with our distributor, restaurant, and retail partners.
• Develop strong working relationship with our sister restaurant, Avow.
• Maintain knowledge of competitors and best-in-class guest practices in the wine business and other industries.
• Driving for results - Allocates time and resources to the channels, vendors, brands and activities that most directly determine achievement of goals.
• Project Management skills - Prepares thoroughly for all meetings and targets “pie-expanding” solutions, determines and manages key next steps.
• Marketing Planning - Demonstrates expert planning skills. Understands all the fundamentals needed to implement effective decisions.
• Effective Relationships - Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Takes initiative, develops and seeks out creative and innovative ideas
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity
• Energetic self-starter who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others
• Works cooperatively as a member of the Marketing/DTC team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others
• Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions
• Place an exceptionally high value on customer service and providing stellar customer experiences
• Demonstrated track record of success and growth
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Possess a valid Driver’s License
• 4-year college degree preferred, business management or hospitality
• 3-5 years work experience in the wine industry, specifically hospitality or luxury retail experience with an emphasis on sales and customer service
• Have a strong knowledge and appreciation for fine wine & spirits, and the industry
• Experience with wine DTC compliance laws
• Ability to fiscally manage the business
• Highly proficient with Windows PCs, and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to use Commerce7 for order entry, sales reports, SKU pricing and a familiarity with AMS a plus
• Exceptional verbal and written skills
• Possess a positive attitude and dynamic personality
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Employee may be required to stand or sit for periods of up to 4 hours at a time and 8 hours a day
• Ability to work to support a 7 day a week business including weekends, evenings and holidays as needed