ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* This position is responsible for following established sampling and processing procedures accurately and in a timely manner.
* Must know/learn location of vineyard sample blocks and independently schedule own route from a daily assignment list.
* Must note and advise grape management/winemaking staff of unusual vineyard conditions.
* May include recordkeeping/reporting
* High school education/viticulture coursework preferred.
* Ability to do basic math and read/follow a map.
* Good verbal and written English communication skills; able to keep neat and accurate records.
* Must have a valid Driver's License and a clean DMV record.
* Previous viticulture experience/familiarity with vineyard environment highly desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
* Ability to stand and walk over rough and uneven terrain in a predominantly outdoor environment.
* Will be exposed to temperature fluctuations.
* Ability to climb stairs and lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime as requested in order to accommodate the needs of the Harvest operations.
* 5-6 days a week from approximately; August through October/November.
* Must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
* Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).