Adelsheim is seeking motivated individuals with a passion for Wine and Hospitality to join our Summer team. This past year has challenged us in ways we never thought possible. We learned a lot and we have so much to celebrate and be grateful for!
We’re excited to announce that 2021 is our 50th Anniversary as the First winery in the Chehalem Mountains. Also, we’re transitioning into a Four Day work week for our Tasting Room Staff and we’ll be shifting back to 7 days a week in May. We’re ready to get back outside to our stunning patio space and show off the natural beauty of our vineyards. We can’t wait to welcome you to our Team!
Team Adelsheim is looking for individuals who embody the following traits:
• Hospitality minded by nature
• Desire to create a memorable and unique experience for all guests
• Team mentality and work ethic
• Willingness to step in where needed
• Adaptability, flexibility, positivity
Seasonal Full Time
This position is seasonal/temporary with expected 32+ hours a week. Adelsheim will be transitioning into a Four Day work week for our Tasting Room Staff and will be shifting back to 7 days a week in May
• Saturday-Tuesday // Four Day 10-hour format
• Wednesday - Sunday // Five Day 8 hour-format
• Beginning pay rate is $13+ per hour plus tips
W.E.P. (Wine Education Program)
o For each month with 8+ hours worked you receive $60 in WEP credit. The credits will continue to accrue until used.
Reports To: Tasting Room Manager + Assistant Tasting Room Manager
Our Hosts are the first impression that guests receive upon visitation as such maintaining a high degree of hospitality and awareness is key to this role’s success. This role is critical in maintaining and updating the reservations platform on a day-to-day basis, greeting and acknowledging guests, and seating patrons by escorting them to assigned table(s).
• Ability to answer frequently asked questions about the Brand’s experiences, tastings, and operations in a courteous and accurate manner.
• Primary contact for guest’s general reservation inquiries
• Ability to navigate our reservations platform with fluency. This would include:
o Making reservations, confirmation calls, assigning tables and sections when necessary, general troubleshooting
• Operates well under high pressure, busy situations.
• Maintains the appearance of their assigned station and takes initiative to continue to elevate presentation and workflow of space
• Recognizes any potential reservation bottlenecks or inconsistencies and is able to solve for them
• Assisting in the Opening and Closing of the space whenever applicable
• Answering the Phone whenever possible/necessary in a manner that’s consistent with the brands values
• Ability to fulfill Pickup Orders and process regular orders whenever necessary through our POS system
• Updating guest’s profile on our reservations platform as well as googling guests prior to arrival
• Responding to any voicemail messages in a timely manner
• Ability to turn away guests in a gracious manner when at full capacity
• Stays abreast of any contemporary marketing promotions, tasting room functions, and overall brand content and is able to accurately expound on them to visitors
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of basic math
• Hospitable and Outgoing Personality
• Responsible when alone, able to finish a task and move on to a new task with no direction
• Strong multitasking, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Great customer service
• A valid, current OLCC license
• A valid, current Driver’s License and/or passport as well as reliable transportation.
• Strong attention to guests’ experience and concerns; hospitality driven.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, while contributing to our friendly, upbeat hospitality
• Detail-oriented, punctual, self-motivated team player who is able to multi-task
• Preferred Tock Dashboard Fluency
• Preferred Wine Direct POS and Microsoft Suite
• Google Documents, Slides, and Sheets
• Introductory wine information a plus
• Fluency in English/ Multi-lingual a plus
• Prior restaurant or hotel experience preferred
• Weekends a must
• Infrequent nights
• Flexible schedule via a Four-day 10 hour-format
Adelsheim prides itself on a dynamic and collaborative working environment, with a goal to be known as one of Oregon’s great wine estates. Established in 1971, Adelsheim remains locally owned and operated. By investing in great vineyard sites and talent, Adelsheim continues to lead the wine industry in Oregon. Please visit our website at www.adelsheim.com for more information.
Please send us your resume and a cover letter, we are thrilled at the opportunity to meet you.