Tasting Room Associate
Adelsheim is seeking motivated individuals with a passion for Wine and Hospitality to join our Summer team. This past year has challenged us in ways we never thought possible. We learned a lot and we have so much to celebrate and be grateful for!
We’re excited to announce that 2021 is our 50th Anniversary as the First winery in the Chehalem Mountains. We’re ready to get back outside to our stunning patio space and show off the natural beauty of our vineyards. We can’t wait to welcome you to our Team!
Team Adelsheim is looking for individuals who embody the following traits:
• Hospitality minded by nature
• Desire to create a memorable and unique experience for all guests
• Team mentality and work ethic
• Willingness to step in where needed
• Adaptability, flexibility, positivity
Seasonal Full Time
This position is seasonal/temporary with expected 32+ hours a week. Adelsheim will be transitioning into a Four Day work week for our Tasting Room Staff and will be shifting back to 7 days a week in May.
**dependent on experience there is possibility for full time, long term employment**
• Saturday-Tuesday // Four Day 10-hour format
• Wednesday - Sunday // Five Day 8 hour-format
• Beginning pay rate is $13+ per hour plus tips
W.E.P. (Wine Education Program)
o For each month with 8+ hours worked you receive $60 in WEP credit. The credits will continue to accrue until used.
Tasting Room Manager
Assistant Tasting Room Managers
Responsible for supporting the operation in its back of house functions and some guest facing functions. This role assists in managing the day-to-day systems that enable the winery and onsite hospitality team to offer compelling experiences and create lasting impressions which drive higher sales and return visits.
• Responsible for processing used glassware, plate ware, flatware, and other items throughout service
• Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all facets of the dish area and assisting the team in addressing any larger concerns
• Responsible for portioning some food items
• Can work well under pressure to execute their job functions in an expeditious and tidy manner, while maintaining a positive disposition
• Assisting the Tasting Room staff in clearing, cleaning, and setting tables
• Pulling, Packing Wine into shipping boxes when needed
• Assists with opening and closing the facility in a manner that is consistent with the direction and guidance of the Management team
• Offers support to other departments whenever necessary
• Can work quickly to achieve tasks that are delegated
• Is able to take direction well
• Able to work well under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a constantly changing environment
• Strong organization and problem solving
• Must be able to bend, squat, climb, push, stoop and crouch repeatedly
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods as required by job duties
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• A valid, current OLCC license for any position.
• A valid, current Driver’s License and/or passport as well as reliable transportation
• Strong attention to guests’ experience and concerns; hospitality driven
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, while contributing to our friendly, upbeat hospitality
• Detail-oriented, punctual, self-motivated team player who is able to multi-task
• Positive attitude and Exceptional work ethic
• Some Hospitality experience preferred
• Weekends a must
• Infrequent nights
• Flexible schedule via a Four-day 10 hour-format
Adelsheim prides itself on a dynamic and collaborative working environment, with a goal to be known as one of Oregon’s great wine estates. Established in 1971, Adelsheim remains locally owned and operated. By investing in great vineyard sites and talent, Adelsheim continues to lead the wine industry in Oregon. Please visit our website at www.adelsheim.com for more information.
Please send us your resume and a cover letter, we are thrilled at the opportunity to meet you.