Del Dotto Vineyards is a Luxury, Ultra-Premium family-owned winery in Napa and St. Helena. We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated, energetic person to work as the Tasting Room Food Service Lead. The right fit candidate will be like minded, team motivated, and willing to take the extra steps necessary to create an excellent guest experience at our daytime and night events.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic person who enjoys interacting with guests, and has a strong skill set in hospitality and excellent food service. This candidate will work closely with our Executive Chef and will be responsible for service during our Wine and Food Pairings during the day as well as our member events at night. Daily duties will include set up and break down for event services, leading service for our wine and food pairing tastings, and assisting the Service Manager in organizing, planning, and executing member dinner events.
The ideal candidates must be at least 21 years old, be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds and be able to stand for long periods of time. Candidates must have a passion for and knowledge of wine and food. High energy and excellent communication skills are a must. Prior experience with POS systems and computer literacy required. Candidates must be able to multi-task, be a team player and love people.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitors day-to-day delicacies operations to ensure presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards.
• Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each delicacies area.
• Ensures all service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment and notifies manager to order as needed. Ensures compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
• Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines.
• Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures
• Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
• Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the winery.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
• Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
• Previous experience in a restaurant and/or winery environment preferred but not necessary.
• Basic knowledge in food service.
• Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills required.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Must be comfortable speaking with and interacting with guests.
• Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Ability to stand for up to 8 hours.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must have a basic understanding of POS software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Willingness to learn about our wines and philosophy.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, PTO and 401K.
We have a wonderful staff and would like to add you to the great experience we have been giving customers from all over the world for the past 15 years. If this sounds like you, please forward your resume and references to the email listed.