Under close supervision, the General Cellar Technician performs general crush and wine processing duties, operates general cellar equipment, keeps accurate records, and ensures work procedures are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. May perform interim/temporary team lead responsibilities.
• Diligently follows safety, GMP, ISO procedures, and policies to safeguard personal and team member & rsquo;s safety, wine quality, and company property
• Constructs basic pump and hose transfer lines for movement of liquid products to and from tanks and tanker trucks, adhering to procedures outlined in General Standard Operational Procedures
• Ensures critical steps are followed for wine receiving and shipment of domestic and international loads that maintain quality and customer demands
• Conducts cleaning and sanitation of wine tanks, transfer lines, and winery equipment
• Performs cellar tasks, such as but no limited to lees and oak removal inside confined spaces
• Executes critical winemaking steps during harvest to rack clean juice to fermenters and expedite yeast inoculations and nutrient additions
• Maintains the ingredients and participates in the tracking and recording of routine workplace data
• Monitors multiple assignments simultaneously
• Takes initiative to maintain work area in a safe, professional and organized manner
• Supports site lean initiatives by actively participating in 5S initiatives
• Acts as a Lead during the harvest season, including supervising the work and productivity of seasonal harvest employees
• Operates forklift, pumps, filters, hoists, presses and other cellar and harvest equipment.
• Assists other departments as needed and may be provisionally reassigned to other departments based on business needs.
• Uses downtime productively by working on assigned projects, clean-up or assisting other team members
• Assists in training less experienced employees as requested by Production Shift Supervisor
• May operate high reach equipment strictly adhering to safety practices
• Provides feedback to Production Supervisor
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Basic math skills and ability to multi-task
Effective communication skills
Ability to promote team work within assigned team
Strong desire to teach coworkers the technical skills of cellar processes and equipment
Certificates and Licenses
CA driver's license
Work at protected heights of 45', indoors and outdoors with marked temperature and humidity changes, exposed to dust, fumes, gases and noisy equipment. Must be able to work extended hours during the harvest season and rotating shifts throughout the year.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.