The Business Systems Analyst is a newly created position that will primarily be responsible for leading all implementation and integration projects associated with Microsoft Dynamics Navision (MS DYN) and will act as a liaison between the accounting team and 3rd party consultants. This individual will be the point of contact and subject-matter expert for all systems that affect accounting, will understand how systems are integrated, and be able to identify opportunities for process improvements. This role will also be responsible for associated day-to-day tasks, maintenance and upgrades as required. This role resides within the accounting department and requires both an accounting foundation and experience with MS DYN. This is a full-time, exempt position and you will report to Senior Manager, Accounting.
- Work closely with software vendors, 3rd party consultants, IT resources and a variety of departments throughout the organization, including accounting, finance, operations, production, and sales to plan, implement, test, and roll-out systems initiatives related to MS DYN and associated / integrated systems.
- Develop an understanding of business requirements and identify systems solutions that will increase process efficiency and improve accuracy.
- Considers the business implications of technology to the current and future business environment. Creates a long-range plan for accounting systems solutions. Can translate a long-term vision into short-term action items and milestones considering competing priorities.
- Track progress and communicate updates via our internal project management tool.
- Initial projects could include, but are not limited to MS DYN version upgrade, Accounts Payable automation, EDI configuration, Inventory Management improvements, DA/Billback automation.
- Work with business users to create appropriate scenarios to test all results to determine whether system changes meet project specifications; uses scenarios to assist the end user in acceptance testing
- Responsible for configuring, updating, and maintaining the connection between the POS system and MS DYN. Ensure order-types are properly configured and that daily sales activities are properly reflected in MS DYN.
- Responsible for configuring, updating and maintaining the connection with our 3rd party warehouse and fulfillment facility, ensuring inventory management is streamlined and functioning efficiently and accurately.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintenance of various data points and integrations; manages upgrades and system enhancements.
- Ensures user configuration and systems setup is aligned with proper internal controls.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Transformation to ensure newly created processes and workflows are documented in formal SOP’s.
- Builds, fosters and maintains relationships, networks and alliances to meet goals and achieve results. Works with external vendors to obtain support as needed and ensure the best delivery of services to the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Business Information Systems, or related field
- Advanced degree or certifications a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related position required.
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience required.
- Proven understanding of basic accounting concepts required.
- Strong project management skills; successful track record of implementing and maintaining business systems.
- Wine industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong Excel skills preferred.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Can interpret product demos, analyze options, present cost/benefit analyses and proactively provide suggested courses of action.
- Is a well-rounded individual who has successfully performed within a winery or has a demonstrated track record of quickly learning and performing successfully in new industries.
Success Factors/Job Competencies
- Is a strong leader with solid communication skills – interacts equally well with experienced senior leaders and new associates.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks and effectively communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
- Proactively gains commitment and initiates action.
- Is intellectually curious and continuously challenges the status quo in search of a better way.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, acts now, does it today.
- Is competitive, wants to succeed.
- Hands-on style, detail orientation, organized, and strong work ethic.
- Has a passion for the work and wants to have fun.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
DAOU is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.