Situated deep in the heart of the rolling hills of Napa Valley’s Carneros District, Hudson Napa Valley has been growing grapes for exceptional winemakers for 35 years, and today crafts Hudson wines from select parcels on our 2,000 acre estate. We are seeking a Viticulture Intern to join our vineyard team at Hudson.
The best candidate for this position is someone with a great attitude, a passion for viticulture/farming and a desire for muddy boots.
The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to those listed below:
Growing Season Duties Include
• Pressure Bombs
• Vineyard crew work
• Pest Scouting
• Cluster Counts/Weights
• Record Keeping
Harvest Duties Include
• Operating a light boom during night harvests
• Grape maturity sampling
• Virus scouting
• A sense of humor and great attitude, even when exhausted
• During harvest a 6 day work week is expected in addition to extended hours, varying shifts, nights and weekends (note most of the harvest hours are night shift)
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Ideally have some base level of comfort safely operating equipment (ATV’s, manual transmission vehicles etc)
• Some command of Spanish preferred
• Job is physically demanding with frequent walking, standing for long periods of time, conducting repetitive tasks and requires the ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• International candidates must have work visa in place
• Depends on experience
• Affordable housing may be a possibility
This position will begin in June and continue through the end of harvest, usually late October.