Title: Compliance and Inventory Control Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Accounting
Position Summary: The primary role of the Compliance and Inventory Control Coordinator will be to support several taxation reporting functions and inventory control management at the Diamond Creek Vineyards and Merry Edwards Winery locations. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this position will be an integral part of a dynamic accounting team in supporting a growing and evolving organization. The ideal candidate will embrace and assist with implementation of new technologies where appropriate in order to help build an efficient and scalable accounting and financial reporting operation.
Primary Responsibilities – Compliance Coordination and Reporting:
- Responsible for the timely monthly and quarterly and annual out of state excise and sales tax fillings for both wholesale and retail (Direct to Consumer) using Sovos.
- Run data files and reports from multiple sources; consolidate and summarize data; isolate anomalies and reconcile balances; interpret transactional data for input to financial systems.
- Responsibility for coordinating and compiling accurate documentation for domestic and international distributor sales and shipment compliance.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of all excise and sales tax payment activity in the ERP system.
- Responsible for the integration of software packages for regulatory compliance when needed.
- Responsible for preparing various federal, state, and local tax reports.
- Responsible for preparing necessary documentation for compliance includes; working with governmental agencies, TTB, winemaking, order entry administration and distributors.
- Responsible for wine label compliance requirements and COLA registrations.
- Follow up on notices from reporting agencies and rectifying any compliance issues.
- Maintain state compliance records and help/advise/assist Company maintain parallel records at the winery.
Primary Responsibilities – Inventory Control:
- Run data files and reports from multiple sources; consolidate and summarize data; isolate anomalies and reconcile balances; interpret transactional data for input to financial systems
- Maintain accuracy of inventory quantities in multiple warehouse locations of both wineries.
- Responsible for inventory management, tracking of case goods, reconciling, perform variance analysis and prepare supporting adjustments
- Coordinate monthly inventory cycle counts and quarterly physical inventories and adjusting general ledger balance as appropriate
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY BE ASSIGNED AS NECESSARY
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience with Sovos
• Intermediate Inventory management, data manipulation and analytics skills
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics a plus
• Minimum AA degree
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Be seated for long periods of time
• Be able to manage a multi-line phone system
• Be able to life a minimum of 40 pounds (approx. weight of a case of wine)