EOLA HILLS WINE CELLARS Inc.
Tasting Room Associate – Full Time/Part Time:
Eola Hills Wine Cellars is a recognized Oregon winery that has been producing quality wine for over 30 years. Today, Eola Hills Wine Cellars is still locally owned and operated and is one of Oregon’s largest wineries, farming more than 325 acres of prime vineyard land. Production now surpasses 80,000 cases of fine wines that are enjoyed across the country and internationally. Our goal is to make wines that we feel capture the spirit and flavors of Oregon.
Tasting Room Associates will assist with all day-to-day operations in the tasting room. The position requires an outgoing, disciplined individual who is focused on exceptional customer service. The tasting room associate position also includes the flexibility to work all events both onsite and offsite when needed.
Eola Hills Wine Cellars is seeking both part-time and full-time tasting room associates for our two properties. Flexibility in scheduling is a must and Saturday and Sunday shifts are required. Candidates must be strong servers who are professional, articulate, hard-working and can handle multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
• Job Responsibilities: ?
- Provide the highest level of customer service to our consumers.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the company’s wines, story, and the winemaking process in order to effectively advise and sell wine to guests in person, via email, and by phone.
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication skills (via telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face).
- Must have excellent knowledge of wine and Oregon’s wine regions.
- Continually expand wine knowledge in order to provide a unique and educational experience to all visitors.
- Efficiently manage visitors and multiple groups at one time while staying calm and professional.
- Perform daily opening and closing duties as outlined by the Tasting Room Manager and General Manager.
- Accurately process in person and phone sales through our POS System.
- Maintain a friendly, warm and clean tasting room environment.
- Contributes to winery sales and wine club sign up goals.
- Host elevated tasting experiences, private groups, and always support the Eola Hills brand.
- Promote current events and promotions to tasting room visitors.
- Assist with winery events as needed.
- Must be available to represent the winery at outside and onsite events.
- Establish relationships with consumers to help maintain referrals and repeat business.
- Quickly recognize the signs that a guest should not be served alcohol, take appropriate action to professionally address the issue.
- Support Tasting Room Manager with assignments as needed.
- Assist with inventory and restocking.
- All tasting room positions are required to prep food offerings and must be comfortable doing so.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning around the building to include: garden, kitchen, restrooms, common areas, entrances, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Must have a positive attitude and outlook with the ability to work within a team atmosphere.
- Self-aware, able to work independently, and be self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a quick moving environment.
- Familiarity with WineDirect Winery Software and Tock Reservations is a plus.
- 1-year minimum experience in the wine industry.
- Possess a strong passion for hospitality and the wine industry.
- WSET is a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Available to work over-time as required during peak seasons.
- Must have a valid OLCC License (Food Handler’s Card is a plus).
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Available to work nights, weekends, holidays and have a flexible schedule.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time positions available
Pay: From $13.00 per hour (DOE)
Typical Shift Time: 10am-5pm
Work Location: Eola Hills Legacy Estate Vineyard and Eola Hills Wine Cellars locations
8 hour shift
Supplemental Pay / Benefits:
- Wine Club Sign Up Bonuses
- Wine Discount
- Health Benefits / PTO/ 401k available for full time positions (waiting period will apply)