Full-Time or Part Time Tasting Room Ambassador
Brassfield Estate Winery
Clearlake Oaks, Lake County, CA
Brassfield Estate Winery is a hidden treasure located in the beautiful High Valley AVA of Lake County. Brassfield Estate Winery produces 100% Estate Wines from grapes on their 3,000-acre property. Grapes are grown from the valley floor at 1800’ to 3000’ in elevation. High Valley AVA is known for afternoon breeze sweeping across its transverse valley, daily diurnal change in temperature, and more than 80% of the land is still untouched and raw, which provides a beautiful backdrop while hosting guest at our Winery. We believe on providing guests with a unique wine tasting experience while demonstrating the highest standards of courtesy and hospitality.
- Prepares the tasting room for daily opening and closing.
- Promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room, acts as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of products and brand award and accolades.
- Able to describe wines, winemaking techniques, winery & ranch history; answers guest’s questions about wines.
- Provides general tourist information about Lake County.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions (includes POS system, cash register and accounting of daily sales)
- Supports display and stocking of retail items and wines and hospitality at special events.
- Understands and effectively communicates the Brand Message.
- Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with Federal and State regulations
- Checks identification as required by state regulations for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Recognizes the symptoms of intoxication and how to manage it.
- Represents the company brand, professionally, graciously, and enthusiastically.
- Required to multi-task with focus on detail and switch gears quickly.
- Effectively use POS (WineDirect) to place orders.
- Working with a Team First Mindset
- Ability to ask for the sale.
- Must dress professionally.
- High-level customer service and communication skills
- Experience in the restaurant or wine industry
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to stand for long periods and lift 55 lbs. regularly.
- General Computer knowledge
- General Wine Knowledge
- Hourly DOE