• Responsible for making collections calls in a courteous and professional manner to keep accounts current and under their credit line.
• Discusses problems and complaints with customers in a friendly manner. Handles all problems promptly and accurately.
• Researches accounts, making copies of pertinent documents. Communicates with customer to resolve disputes.
• Makes prompts and courteous calls on NSF checks and sends appropriate letters within 24 hours of charge-back.
• Mails final demand/attorney letters to accounts over 90 days past due and promptly retires accounts to collection agency upon expiration.
• Sends aging reports to sales teams as needed or required to inform of past due balances and/or to request assistance from sales reps to resolve problems.
• Communicates credit information to state reporting agencies to insure listing compliance with any applicable alcohol statues.
• Accurately writes check requests, debits, and credits as needed or required.
• Collects, prepares and mails monthly statements no later than the first working day of each month.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner
• Generates standard reports as needed.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
• Performs any other duties as assigned
Normal office environment.
Telephone, copier, computer, fax machine, calculator.
Sitting, standing, bending, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity, lifting up to 10lbs.
• High school diploma
• 3 plus years' experience in collections, including basic understanding of Accounting terminology.
• Excellent math, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Intermediate Excel knowledge is a must.
• Highly detail-oriented with proven ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
• Ability to operate 10-key calculator by touch with speed and accuracy