Provides support and leadership of the Tasting Room team and Hospitality operations. Passionately promotes the Chappellet brand and creates a memorable guest experience for every customer by successfully assisting in the oversight of tasting room operations: sales, customer service, cash reconciliation, shipping orders, inventory accuracy and staff scheduling and local outreach.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Lead by example to provide daily hands-on leadership to represent the highest level of expertise available in the wine industry with an emphasis on customer service, wine sales, education and gracious hospitality.
• Supervise tasting room team by delegating necessary daily duties and projects, ensure tasting room grounds are consistently maintained, cleaned, and welcoming.
• Assist the Tasting Room Manager in developing and maintaining a professional, customer service-oriented team, focused on brand awareness, retail sales, and wine club memberships.
• Provide staff with an example of exceptional customer service and ensure all guests that visit the tasting room have a wonderful experience from start to finish.
• Promote and effectively sell wine and wine club memberships by educating guests about Chappellet and what makes the Chappellet brand unique.
• Assist in effectively, training, educating, scheduling, supervising, retaining, and evaluating tasting room staff.
• Ensure all tasting room operations are completed efficiently and tasting room policies and procedures are followed.
• Execute strategies and meet goals set forth by the Tasting Room Manager.
• Represent Chappellet by attending industry mixers and other hospitality related events.
• Provide oversight and direction to the employees in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience: Three plus years’ prior supervisory experience required in wine, beverage or hospitality industry.
• Proven ability to be an effective, innovative and enthusiastic leader dedicated to success.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Knowledge of wine and wine production a plus
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through with projects.
• Proven track record of telecommunication sales.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Proactive in addressing problems for positive results.
• Process oriented with focus on continuous improvement.
• Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate effectively and work well with other employees.
• Work independently without supervision, as well as part of large groups and teams.
• Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel).
• Available to work varied hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.