Established in 1982, Montinore Estate is the largest producer of certified estate wines made from Biodynamic® grapes in the country. With our 200-acre Demeter Certified Biodynamic® and CCOF Certified Organic vineyard located in north Willamette Valley in Oregon, we focus on producing superior Pinot Noirs, cool climate whites, and fascinating Italian varietals. We are currently looking to fill our 2021 Harvest Crew: 3 Cellar hand spots and 1 Lab/Cellar Position Open.
Positions will last for 8-12 weeks depending on the season, starting early September.
Required skills (all applicants):
• Awareness of the big picture and understanding of winery flow
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Able to lift 50lbs
• Two full vintages of harvest experience, one at a large winery preferred
• Must thrive in a fast paced, quality-focused production environment
• Attention to detail and pride in one’s work
• Ability to follow written and verbal work orders from winemaking team
• Ability to work and maintain a clean work space
• Self-motivation and drive; ability to work independently for long periods when necessary
Cellar Hand Required skills:
• Love cleaning
• Experiences with basic harvest tasks including but not limited to - pump overs, punch downs, press loading and cleaning, racking, additions using the metric system, inoculations, tank cleaning, drain cleaning and pressure washing
• Love Pinot Noir - you will be babysitting a lot of Pinot Noir, in small batches all the way to barrel and back again
Lab Required skills:
- Experience running a winery lab or working in a winery lab with minimal oversight
- Strong proficiency with pH meter, DMA and Y15; experience with enzymatic analysis (malic acid, residual sugar, PAN, and AA)
- Set up bench trials
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment errors and general knowledge of wine chemistry
- Recognizing when results are outside expected parameters, knowledge on how to correct these
- Winery software experience - ability to update winery system (experience with Vintrace preferred but not required)
The lab position is for someone who has the above skills and can work on their own in the middle of all the excitement. The lab tasks should only take 3/4 of the day, allowing the them time in the winery; helping with punch downs, inoculations, cleaning the press and seeing the night sky!
Strongly Preferred Skills:
• Forklift certification
We offer great perks: Lunch and leftovers for dinner, sometimes breakfast, amazing wine made by an amazing team, huge learning potential with daily challenges.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and a reference list.