Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants
Importer & Distributor of Fine Wine, Spirits, and Sake with offices in California and Hawaii. Since 1973, Chambers & Chambers offers an outstanding portfolio of both domestic and import wines from family-owned estates focusing on quality and sustainability. We employ a passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated staff, while creating a company culture that fosters trust, open communication and personal growth. We are proud to represent and distribute an exceptional portfolio of wines from around the world. The company began with just a limited number of European estates in 1973 and has since grown to represent domestic and imported wines from over 290 wineries and 15 countries.
Summary of Duties:
The Human Resource Generalist will develop and update all Human Resource policies and procedures, along with managing and administering payroll and employee benefit programs and supports all managers and staff with HR related issues. Ensures compliance Maintains records for compliance with best practices in line with employment law in accordance with Federal/State/City laws and regulations.
Supports and further develops cooperation and respect among employees, instilling an environment for open communication. Encourages job training within departments, and advancement within the organization when available.
• Process semi-monthly payroll for approximately 100+ exempt and non-exempt employees using ADP WorkforceNow.
• Process special payroll cycles as needed to meet organization needs and requirements.
• Prepare payroll inputs, such as employee status changes, benefits deductions, taxable fringe benefits, garnishments and manual entry timecards.
• Maintain employee-related payroll changes in a timely manner, such as new hires, transfers, terminations, and monthly/quarterly/annual pay adjustments
• Prepare payroll reports and payroll calendar for Controller
• Act as the primary point of contact for payroll vendor – ADP.
• Act as the primary point of contact to address colleague questions regarding pay
• Complete regular data quality reviews and audits
• Help drive and create process improvement projects with a focus on benefit and payroll operations
• Leads all open enrollment initiatives, coordinating with benefits broker to conduct employee communication, swag distribution, collect and complete enrollments
• Manages new enrollments and all staff communications regarding Health Plan, Life/Disability insurance and 401k plan
• Manual entry of yearend “true up” calculations and audit of vendor invoices prior to payment.
• Coordinates meetings with benefit vendors and researches/disseminates information to executive team for appropriate action (premium changes, coverage changes and renewal strategies)
• Conducts salary and benefit surveys at all hiring levels and compiles results with narrative for Executive Team review. To include salary ranges and typical annual merit increases dependent upon position within salary range
• Actively oversee and maintains PTO program in accordance with state and local compliance
• Partners heavily with 401K provider and administrators to ensure accuracy of transferred data on a semi-monthly basis
• Maintains, tracks and updates 401K portal with employee information (eligibility, terminations, funds rollover etc.)
• Coordinates data collection and paperwork related to ACA benefit reporting requirements, open enrollment, 401k administration, COBRA and other initiatives as needed.
• Generates annual reporting and distribution of 1095-C forms
• Collaboratively resolve Employee matters at all levels through consultation, coaching, including policy interpretations, and conducting appropriate investigations
• Updating, developing and posting job descriptions on job sites and boards
• Full life cycle recruiting to include but not limited to sourcing, pre-screening, coordinating onsite interviews and generating offer letters
• Creating and maintaining the candidate experience while conducting new hire orientations, overseeing new hire training, collecting and reviewing compliance paperwork.
• Actively managing and assigning learning and development trainings such as CA mandated manager and employee harassment prevention training
• Heavily partnering with executive officers to develop, implement and update all HR policies, procedures and forms
• Stays current with all laws and regulations (EEOC, Safety, OSHA, FMLA, CFRA) and revises existing handbook and keeps revisions current moving forward
• Initiate and track Worker's Compensation Claims, maintaining involved parties well informed on work status, and duty modification
• Collaborates with Management staff to develop and monitor Performance Improvement Plans and collects all documentation associated
• Organizes and maintains personnel files
• Processing Employee Terminations and preparation of all documents and conducts voluntary exit interviews
• Maintains up to date employee census, organization chart, and directory
• Assists the President in maintaining the Company’s culture and philosophies
Execute all HR policies, best practices and processes to ensure legal compliance with regulatory standards and legal obligations governing employee practices, labor laws, global business practices, audits and charges from regulatory agencies like EEOC and the OFCCP and state and local agencies.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in human resources, preferably in the alcoholic beverage/CPG industry .
• Experience with ADP preferred and proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Bachelor's degree required
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.