12th & Maple Wine Co. is currently hiring individuals to join our team! We are seeking individuals who strive to take on what others believe to be impossible, who aren’t afraid to get dirty, know when to work hard, when to work smart, and when to have fun. Our facility is state-of-the-art, and our team strives to be the best in the industry. Whether it’s the wine, the people, or the work, the Willamette Valley fuels the Oregon wine industry and 12th & Maple is at the heart of it all.
These are full-time positions starting in ASAP.
Under direction of the Cellar Master and/or Cellar Supervisor the Cellar Worker will perform tasks assigned such as movement of grape material and cleaning equipment used.
• Use of tools such as shovels, pitch forks, brooms, pallet jacks, squeegees, scrub pads, sprayers, tape measure, flashlight, tank washer, barrel washer, mixers
• Follow instructions of Cellar Master and/or Cellar Supervisor
• Perform tasks assigned with or without direct supervision
• Report to work at scheduled time in appropriate work attire
• Tank washing
• Pressure washing
• Bottling setup and breakdown, DO and CO2 measurement and sparging
• Movements of wine or barrel topping
• Chemical additions
• Operate rotary vacuum drum filter/Centrifuge /cross-flow/ Various pumps styles including lobe-air-centrifugal- flex impeller.
• Harvest equipment membrane presses/fruit delivery systems/pulse carts/ sorting equipment
• Lead and train seasonal employees
• Participate in GMP, Safety and Live
• Other duties assigned
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. The position requires repetitive squatting and strenuous pulling and pushing of hoses and pumps. General cellar workers must be able to work any shift and overtime, particularly during the harvest season. The workload is especially heavy during the harvest season, typically September-November.
• Report unsafe situations, accidents and/or injuries immediately
• Wear issued safety equipment such as safety glasses and protective footwear
• Perform equipment checks on assigned equipment such as forklifts before operation
• 1 harvest of experience
• Understanding of equipment and processes in cellar
• Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision
• Ability to perform repetitious labor
• Provide own transportation to and from work
12th & Maple Wine Company is Oregon’s premier dedicated custom-crush winery, serving a dozen clients ranging in size from a few barrels to many hundreds. At our LIVE and GMP certified facility, we use a plethora of new-age winemaking techniques and equipment alongside more traditional approaches to help our clients achieve their unique winemaking goals while analyzing their wines in our well-equipped lab. Our clients may be confidential, but our quality is well known in the Willamette Valley and beyond.
12th & Maple Wine Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.