Responsible for establishing and ensuring delivery of the Copper Cane annual business plan within the assigned region.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Create the quantitative and qualitative annual business plans (ABP) for each market including depletion, distribution and activation plans that achieves each brand/market goal.
• Ensure the activities associated with delivering the plan are consistent with each brand strategy.
• Present the ABP to each distributor and gain commitment to achievement of the goals.
• Develop robust processes that monitor and control volume and brand spend.
• Work closely with the activation resources to develop appropriate market programs.
• Effectively utilize Copper Cane management systems that monitor and track sales performance on a regular basis (volume, activation, account retention, re-order rates, PODs and etc.)
• Allocate funds effectively and efficiently to get the best ROI for Copper Cane Wines & Provisions.
• Maintain an in-depth and thorough knowledge of key accounts, marketplace and market conditions.
• Use facts to identify market opportunities; allocate the resources to capitalize on these opportunities.
• Diagnose business issues quickly and takes corrective action to minimize the impact.
• Monitor competitive activities in the market and communicate information on competitive strategy & tactics to the senior sales managers and peers.
• Contribute to a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
• Work closely with strategic accounts to ensure programs are executed flawlessly in the market place.
• Demonstrate understanding and deployment of business tactics based on the role of each brand in the portfolio, price guidelines and channel mix standards.
• Recruit, develop, mentor, train direct report(s). (if applicable)
• Driving for results - Allocates time and resources to the channels, customers, brands and activities that most directly determine achievement of goals. Selling skills - Prepares thoroughly for all meetings and targets Win-win-win situations. Good closing skills. Sales Planning - Demonstrates expert planning skills. Understands all the fundamentals needed to implement effective pricing & programming decisions.
• Effective Relationships - Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with customers and co workers
• Builds People, Team and Organization – Mentoring and development of district managers and market managers to promote internal bench strength and ready successors.
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity
• Tenacious and resilient
• Energetic self-starter who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others.
• Works cooperatively as a member of the Sales team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others.
• Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
• Acts to the values set forth by Ownership.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry at either the supplier or distributor manager level.
• Experience in developing and implementing luxury brand building strategies.
• Possesses industry knowledge of assigned geographic territory.
• Strong selling skills and influencing skills.
• Ability to impact key accounts and regional chains.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex information to essential actionable points.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Proficient Computer skills (Microsoft Work, Excel, and PowerPoint and competence in electronic communications.
• Exceptional planning and organization skills with an ability to multitask.
• Possess a positive attitude, dynamic personality and consultative sales skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written skills.
• Strong leadership skills with a sound ability to train, develop and lead direct reports- Market Manager/s.
• Ability to travel frequently.