Passionately promotes the Muscardini Cellars brand and creates a memorable guest experience for every customer that visits the Muscardini Cellars tasting room. Takes part in successfully completing all aspects of tasting room operations: sales, customer service, cash reconciliation, new club member acquisition, shipping orders, inventory, and local outreach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide exceptional customer service and ensure all guests that visit the Muscardini Cellars tasting room have a wonderful experience from start to finish.
• Promote and effectively sell wine and wine club memberships by educating guests about Muscardini Cellars and what makes the Muscardini Cellars brand unique.
• Ensure smooth daily operations; including effective and appropriate communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day, and overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained.
• Maintain a clean tasting room environment at all times ensuring wine glasses are washed and buffed, floors are vacuumed and cleaned, bathrooms are kept clean, and trash/recycling are taken out as needed
• Manage multiple tasting groups simultaneously, keeping track of group tastings and anticipating guests needs.
• Process customer orders, assists guests with their orders, prepare wine orders, and pack up wine club allocations
• Assist with inventory counting and ensure wines and merchandise are sufficiently stocked in tasting room
• Work to reach and exceed sales goals and new club member sign up goals
• Perform opening and closing procedures.
• Support and enforce company policies
• Create opportunities to sell other events, services and experiences offered on the property.
• Represent Muscardini Cellars by attending hospitality related events, as well as off-site pourings/tastings when requested
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate should meet many, if not all, of these requirements:
• One or more years prior experience in wine, beverage or hospitality industry
• Outstanding customer service and communication skills
• Knowledge of and passion for wine and wine production
• General comfort with using basic POS and reservation software (WineDirect experience is a plus)
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Available to work varied hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
HOURS & COMPENSATION
• This position begins as part-time 28-32 hours per week but may present the opportunity for a full-time position
• Pay starts $16-$18/hour dependent upon experience, plus opportunities for tips and commission on wine club signups