***COVID-19 Recruiting Update: Social distancing, facial covering & all company COVID-19 regulations will be followed during the hiring & onboarding process.
“OUR VISION IS TO CREATE THE MOST PASSIONATE, INSPIRING, AND INCLUSIVE WINE COMMUNITY IN THE WORLD.”
Start date ASAP. Thursday-Sunday schedule required.
Position Summary: The Tasting Room staff for Boisset assist in all aspects of the guest experience, including conducting tours of various sizes, holding tastings, providing wine education, and completing retail sales of wine & gift items. The Tasting Room staff also assist in special events, off site consumer tastings, wine club activities, and any other related tasks which involve direct guest contact (when permitted).
• Perform hospitality functions in the tasting room, greeting all guests, providing tasting and wine education, assisting guests with their Napa and Sonoma Valley visits.
• Conduct consumer and VIP tours of various sizes.
• Encourage and complete on site retail sales of wine and gift items.
• Promote Wine Club memberships to guests and process club sign-ups. Interact with Club members via personal visits, phone and internet. Provide club benefits to members when visiting the winery.
• Maintain attractive, effective displays of wine and gift items, restocking on a regular basis.
• Provide adequate supplies of handouts, brochures, winemaker notes, maps, etc.
• Perform various duties such as washing and stocking glasses, dusting and stocking wine and gift items, completing general clean-up of all guest areas and Tax Paid throughout the day. This can include monitoring the tasting room, restrooms, and all public areas.
• Assist with special events when scheduled.
• Assist with the packing and shipping of wine orders, sales orders, POS orders, etc. as needed.
• Assist tasting room/hospitality managers, events managers, and other staff in special projects as needed.
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled tasting room/hospitality staff meetings, tastings, seminars, and other team events as needed.
• Maintain proper time and attendance in WorkforceNow.ADP and ensure requirement meal and rest breaks are taken.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.
• Possess basic computer skills and familiarity with software programs such as word processing and spreadsheets.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• High School diploma or GED; or 1-3 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone, office, and group conversation.
• Primarily in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required in an un-heated indoor setting (wine cellar) with changing conditions. Short periods outdoors while conducting tours or moving between buildings. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not normally require overnight travel.
Competitive compensation. Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019.
Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.