Founded on Paul Hobbs’s pioneering spirit and adventurous pursuit of innovation and discovery, Paul Hobbs Wines is a highly curated selection of superior quality wines. Through sustainable farming, meticulous vineyard management, and minimally invasive winemaking techniques, each wine expresses its vineyard origins with finesse, complexity and authenticity. Paul Hobbs Wines represents exceptional vineyards, appellations and historic sites from around the world: California (Hobbs, Paul Hobbs Winery and CrossBarn), Argentina (Viña Cobos), France (Crocus), and Armenia (Yacoubian-Hobbs), with new projects in New York’s Finger Lakes region (Hillick & Hobbs) and Galicia, Spain (Alvaredos-Hobbs).
Paul Hobbs Wines is seeking interns to join our California production teams for the 2021 harvest. Dedication to wine quality, a strong work ethic, attention to details, and a great attitude are of the utmost importance.
Interns are responsible for all aspects of cellar work including fruit sorting and crush pad operations, cap manipulations (pump-overs/punch downs), fermentation monitoring, rackings, barrel work, etc. A substantial amount of time will be dedicated to cleaning and sanitation.
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
1. Minimum of 1 harvest of cellar experience.
2. Strong organizational skills; ability to manage changing priorities and workflow.
3. Willingness to learn winemaking operations and their effect on wine quality and style.
4. Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
5. Ability to work while bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, or kneeling for 2 to 3 hours continuously, and up to 12 hours per day.
6. Must pass pre-employment physical.
7. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
8. Ability to learn forklift operation.
9. Ability to drive a car and present a valid driver’s license.
10. Willingness to work long hours, night shift and weekends.