The Maintenance Technician 2 will diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair all plant winery equipment and any other maintenance related tasks. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years' experience as a journeyman industrial mechanic, preferably in the wine/food/beverage industries.
* Responsible for all the maintenance upkeep and continuous improvements of equipment, buildings/grounds, etc.
* Ensure to work in compliance with company and governmental requirements including regulatory, safety, and sanitation
* Responsible for repair, modification and maintaining winery equipment and building facilities
* Maintains accurate and legible required records and inventory of equipment/parts
* Recommend changes in systems, processes, and equipment to reduce cost and/or improve the mechanical efficiency of production
* Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical issues on motors, controllers, electrical panels, lighting circuits, control circuits, and PLC issues.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Must be 21 or older at time of hire
* Must have a high school degree or equivalent, with some technical schooling/training preferred
* 3 - 5 years' as a journeyman industrial mechanic, preferably in wine/food industry
* Ability to MIG, TIG and Stick weld
* Working knowledge of PLCs and related equipment (VFDs, Controls, etc.)
* Working knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems, as well as Refrigeration systems (Freon and Ammonia).
* Must possess a working knowledge of the following: Motors, motor controls and pumps
* Experience with refrigeration, electrical, pipefitting, plumbing, welding, filtration equipment, boilers, presses, crushers
* Ability to work in confined spaces and areas
* Ability to diagnose and estimate time required for proper repairs
* Blueprint literate (mechanical, electrical, etc.)
* Ability to work with Process Safety Management, HACCP, ISO and Plant Safety Team and programs
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand instructions in English
* Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
* Must be flexible with shift schedule
* Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
* Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
* Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
* Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
* Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production environment
* Must be able to work effectively at heights of 40 feet and higher
* Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, and work in very tight places at varying frequencies and durations throughout the day
* Must be able to repeatedly climb tank stairs/vertical tank ladders, and enter tanks through the manhole following required confined space safety procedures
* Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.