Tasting Room Associate & Back Office Support
At Wilson Winery, we are well known for our delicious, award-winning Zinfandels and our exceptional hospitality. Our Company is family owned and operated, and our wines are lovingly crafted by Diane Wilson.
We have an opportunity for an outgoing, service-minded individual to join our friendly and knowledgeable sales team full-time! We offer a competitive hourly rate, a tip line, commissions, and a generous employee discount. Our benefit package includes vacation, sick and holiday pay, along with medical, dental, life, vision, LTD and a flexible spending program.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing the best possible customer experience in the tasting room, at special events and by email and telephone. To be considered for this position, you must meet the minimum requirements and be at least 21 years of age. This individual will help open and close the tasting room and ensure all daily reports are complete. In addition, this individual will help maintain customer records in the database to ultimately increase wine club fulfillment and achieve daily/monthly sales goals. This position description may be modified at any time, and other duties and responsibilities may apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teamwork – Work as part of a dynamic team of highly motivated individuals while further developing the tasks and activities within this position. Provide excellent customer service while interacting with all customers.
Flexibility - The duties may vary from tasting room and event hospitality, to team leader for other staff members, to supporting sales administration as time allows and workloads shift.
25% - Back Office Sales and Support
• Manage inbound phone and email inquiries through general inboxes
• Assist Wine Club Manager with order exceptions – contact customers with expired cards, declines, and payment information as required.
• Ensure the email distribution contacts list and customer database are current and up-to-date. Manage bounced emails and reach out to customers for updated contact information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
75% - Tasting Room
• Open and close tasting room and lead the sales team when Tasting Room Manager and Coordinator are not present.
• Open and close cash registers and prepare daily reports.
• Fill in at the tasting room bar as needed during events and high traffic days.
• Ensure that all visitors are greeted immediately when they enter the tasting room. Pour wine and educate guests while meeting monthly sales and club sign-up goals.
• Ensure all collateral is available for tasting room sales on a daily basis.
• Re-stock wine and merchandise into the tasting room.
• Run general errands for event set-up, supply needs, cash drops and bank change.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS - Work closely as part of the sales team, taking direction from the Sales Manager, Assistant Tasting Room Manager and Wine Club Manager. Guide and encourage tasting room staff on daily logistics and set-up of the tasting room.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – maintain excellent working relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers
• Customer service focus – friendly, helpful demeanor
• Computer savvy –Intermediate to Expert level in the use of AMS/CRM/POS/Email Marketing/Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) software programs
• Ability to lift, stack and move 40 lb. cases on a regular basis
• Acute attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work independently, problem solve, troubleshoot and see the whole picture of club member maintenance and retention
• Self-motivated with a high level of accountability and productivity
• Reliable, insured transportation with a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record
• Ability to work weekends and evening events
• Three years tasting room and/or back office wine sales
• California Food Handler certified
• Responsible Beverage Service certified
The requirements listed above represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – Most duties will be performed indoors, including tasting room and office spaces. Some duties include being outdoors during peak season and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The ability to work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day is required. The employee must lift/pull/push/carry 40 lb. boxes on a repetitive basis. The ability to sit at a desk and utilize a computer keyboard and other standard office machines is essential. The employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, speak, listen, reach, write, type, taste, smell, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch on a frequent basis.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.