Founded in 1969, ZD Wines is owned and operated by the second and third generation of the deLeuze Family. Located in the heart of the Napa Valley, ZD is committed to producing world-class wines, certified organic farming and operating the winery with family values. It is the contributions from everyone on our hard working, passionate and insightful team that sets ZD apart.
We value our employees greatly and strive to create an environment that is welcoming, inclusive and engaging. As a team member, you automatically become a ZD Wine Club Member. With your membership, you receive a generous availability with each release throughout the calendar year. There are currently nine releases each year ranging in retail of $30 upwards to $215. We also provide attractive employee pricing on all our current releases up to 50% off retail.
Competitive industry compensation is offered including participation in tip pool, additional discretionary annual wine allocations, annual raise review and yearly bonus.
We want you to join us!
We are seeking a dynamic, driven, and professional individual to join our hospitality team on a part-time basis. This position entails creating memorable experiences in our newly renovated hospitality areas, as well as working in a team-oriented environment. Responsibilities include daily interaction with winery guests, hosting tastings, tour experiences, phone sales, packing shipments, special events and retail sales.
• Adhere to internal and mandated sanitation and safety practices
• Educate guests on history and wine making practices in an warm, enthusiastic manner, anticipating their needs
• Maintain knowledge of current and library vintages
• Knowledge and promotion of wine club
• Detailed data entry (proprietary database system) and Microsoft Outlook
• Host various levels of tours, tastings and guest experiences for both consumer and trade, including virtual tastings
• Daily involvement in sales, processing customer transactions, invoicing wine
• Assist with daily opening and closing duties including wine inventory
• Maintain cleanliness of the tasting room and other winery common areas
• Participate and assist hospitality team with various winery events as needed
• Assist with winery projects, ranging from hospitality to administrative duties
• Attend and participate in tasting room meetings and other general winery meetings
• Participate in outbound/inbound phone sales and have a strong ability to close sales
• Adhere to food service standards while serving various small bites, cheese, and food pairings
• Adhere to company workplace guidelines including dress code and COVID procedures and regulations
• General knowledge of wine-making and viticulture techniques
• Excellent communication, customer service and wine sales skills
• Comfortable with public speaking, hosting both small and larger groups
• Experience with wine service
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
• Work as a team in a courteous and respectful manner at all times
• Restaurant or previous hospitality/retail sales experience preferred
• Knowledge of wine, wine industry and Napa Valley in general
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Must be 21 years or older
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
• 2-4 days a week, including a weekend day
• Reliable transportation required
• Able to ascend & descend stairs frequently
Please note: We are looking forward to adding a dynamic individual to our team. Please no phone calls, submit resumes via email only.