FAILLA WINES, a family-owned, boutique winery seeks an enthusiastic, wine-knowledgeable individual to join our team of Wine Educators. This is a regular, full-time role that includes weekend and holiday work.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated work experience and qualifications including:
• Tasting room and/or wine sales experience with general knowledge of POS systems, reservation systems, and shipping protocols.
• Ability to effectively pour, present, and sell wine in an educational format.
• Comfortable communication in front of both large and small groups (digitally and in-person).
• Experience promoting wine club memberships and mailing list accruals.
• Excellent knowledge of wine with enthusiasm to continually learn new information and share knowledge with guests and co-workers.
• Maintain enthusiasm throughout each business day in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess and understand basic wine knowledge in a global context from vineyard to bottle.
• Maintain composure in unpredictable situations and handle these effectively.
• Possess a positive, friendly attitude and the desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Capable of lifting and carrying up to 50# case of wine on a repeated basis.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Must be 21 years of age.
Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your interest and experience. No phone calls or recruiters, please.