Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: Under close supervision performs routine cellar and lab jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing a variety of cellar operations including but not limited to:
• Grape receiving activities
• Wine/must movements
• Additions to wines/musts
• Cap management practices (punch-downs/pump-overs)
• Fermentation monitoring
• Barrel activities (filling/racking/topping)
• Equipment and tank sanitation
• Grape sample processing
• Wine sampling and lab work (pH, TA, Brix, Phenolics)
• Forklift driving helpful but not required
• Other tasks as necessary
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid California Driver's License and clean DMV record required.
• A positive attitude
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
• Prior experience and the ability to speak Spanish are helpful but not required.
• Prior Harvest experience helpful but not required
• Effective communication skills
• Good reading, writing and math skills
• Ability to lift up to 42 lbs.
• Ability to work in various temperatures
• Ability to drive a truck
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.