TASTING ROOM MANAGER
Oversees Tasting Room operations, staff and events, with a strong focus on hospitality and providing educational and positive tasting experiences for guests and Club members. The Manager works directly with the Director of DTC Sales to plan, execute and grow the company with both on-premise and DTC sales. The Tasting Room is in a fast-growing surrounding neighborhood, affording great opportunities for growth.
• Create a warm & welcoming environment for our guests and club members.
• Strong understanding of winery POS software and Ship Compliant.
• Strong experience in event planning.
• Conduct educational, engaging, & memorable wine tasting experiences for all guests.
• Strong sales focus with proven ability to sell & upsell wine, experiences, and memberships.
• Build strong communication and relationships with wine club members to improve club retention rates.
• Build/maintain strong relationships with local hospitality industry and community organizations
• Manage all levels of Tasting Room staff, including mentoring, training/coaching, hiring, conflict resolution, etc. to build a high performing, hospitality-focused team.
• Bring excitement, set standards, execute high quality service.
• Anticipate needs and be forward thinking. Set goals for staff and a plan to achieve/exceed set goals
• Create and schedule team meetings & tastings to enhance knowledge, communication, and team work.
• Scheduling of staff for tasting room and events.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a positive, team-oriented attitude.
• Manage multiple tasks & deadlines, prioritize as needed, with a strong attention to detail.
• Oversee presentation of Tasting Room and outdoor grounds, and ensuring maintenance needs are requested and executed as needed.
• Attend outside events as needed
• Manage cash & sales reporting
• Work well within a small team & family ownership and not afraid of hard work and long hours.
• Provide a high level of customer service and experiences for guests and Wine Club members, while building/maintaining a loyal customer/club base
• Plan, coordinate and execute Tasting Room events and private events.
• Coordinate with Director of DTC Sales for all Wine Club events
• Answer emails/phone inquiries from Club members, potential members in a timely fashion
• Assist with all Wine Club shipments: processing and fulfillment needs.
• Coordinate with Marketing to plan/request necessary event promotions for the website, email blasts and social media platforms.
• Proven ability to provide event sales plan and strategies, including cost/benefit analysis of events.
• Previous Tasting Room or hospitality management experience preferred
• Wine knowledge required
• Friendly, positive, and professional appearance and disposition
• Superior customer service & sales and event planning skills
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Must be available to work weekends, special events, and holidays
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
This position is full time. Benefits include: PTO Plan, Health insurance, and Retirement Plan.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
No phone calls please