VINTUS New York (VNY) is a fine wine distribution company selling across the state of New York. VNY was founded in 2019 after the 15 year success of VINTUS as a national importer, 6-Time Wine & Spirits Magazine Importer of the Year and named Wine Enthusiast Importer of the Year in 2017. This opportunity is to expand the sales and distribution of VNY’s sales in Long Island.
VNY is the New York distributor for VINTUS’ national portfolio of leading estates from around the world including Chateau Montelena, Gary Farrell Winery, Marietta Cellars, Iron Horse Vineyards, Ponzi Vineyards, E. Guigal, Champagne Bollinger, Pétrus, Chateau La Fleur-Pétrus, Domaine Chanson, Lucien Le Moine, Domaine des Baumard, Ornellaia, Masseto, Le Macchiole, Tommasi, Sandrone, Masciarelli, Quinta do Noval, Errazuriz, Finca Decero, Dog Point Vineyard and others. VNY has also developed an incredibly dynamic portfolio of estates, from domestic producers Realm, Ross Cobb, Lynmar, and Ferren to leading imports Trediberri (Piedmont), Il Mosnel (Franciacorta), Van Volxem (Mosel), and La Guita Manzanilla to a group of 14 artisanal craft spirits distilleries.
Our team of 15 has a beautiful new headquarters in Manhattan, equipped with tasting and event facilities. With the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of our team has been our top priority, and we have put on hold or made virtual many of our normal activities. As the market re-opens and vaccinations become available, we will look to return to those normal business activities. Please keep in mind the current conditions as you read the job description, which has more normal, long term circumstances in mind.
Your priority activities will include:
• Opening new accounts
• Selling the entire portfolio to wine shops and restaurants throughout your region, working to strategically increase sales per account
• Maintaining and developing relationships with key off- and on-premise accounts
• Organizing productive market visits with our suppliers when they visit New York (pending improvements in the COViD situation)
• Pouring at in-store tastings or conducting staff trainings 2+ times weekly (pending improvements in the COViD situation)
• Attending weekly sales events, including sales meetings in our Manhattan office (pending improvements in the COViD situation)
An ideal candidate for these responsibilities will have the following qualifications:
• Minimum 3 years sales experience and success in the wine industry
• A well-established network of key off- and on-premise accounts
• A self-motivated, positive, energetic attitude and ability to work closely with distributor and winery personnel.
• Strong organizational, speaking and analysis skills.
• Ability to independently and efficiently plan all aspects of your business: budgets, resources, time.
• Computer skills that allow you to effectively use standard business programs and sales reporting systems.
• Strong knowledge of international fine wines and desire to continually self-educate.
We will not be able to respond to applications without the prerequisite experience.
We will offer a competitive Salary, Incentives, Health Insurance, and Retirement benefits.
If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to Will Sugerman.