Joseph Phelps Vineyards is a family-owned, luxury winery business with two locations; St. Helena and Freestone California. Our vision is to build and inspire to be the best we can be. We strive for excellence while growing our business and people; remaining respectful to our history, legacy, land and each other.
Joseph Phelps Vineyards is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Manager who will be responsible for the overall facility maintenance operations for the winery and hospitality sites.
Come join this dynamic team and become part of the JPV family!
• Develops plans for efficient use of materials, equipment and employees.
• Maintains facility well water, process waste water treatment systems and septic systems.
• Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all facility related vehicles.
• Hands on operation and maintenance of winery infrastructure equipment to include plant refrigeration systems, building environmental HVAC, boilers, air compressors,
domestic water systems, fire protection systems, lighting and building structure upkeep.
• Develops and executes a preventive maintenance program to effectively strengthen the integrity of all facility related operating systems.
• Ensures that all environmental and regulatory systems and reporting are accurate. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and
• Manage outside contractors utilized to support all facility, hospitality, landscaping and winery operations.
• Leadership in the respective site Safety Program pertaining to maintenance and landscaping teams.
• Manage and coordinate facility related projects and respective contractors to ensure goals of cost control and defined deliverables are accomplished.
• Develops and maintains operating budget.
• Manage facility budgets to insure the most cost-effective services and expenditures are being met.
• Reviews program maintenance costs and operational requirements to maintain and enhance profitability.
• Develops ongoing performance management and feedback systems for all levels in maintenance, landscape and housekeeping operations.
• Implements a successful vision/strategy through strong leadership skills.
• Develops or approves recommendations to change systems, policies and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within organization.
• Identifies and obtains staff capabilities needed to accomplish objectives.
• Monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives.
• Responsible for projects that have short to long term focus.
• Balances planning efforts with daily demands.
• Ensures employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff.
• Ensures GMP.
• Maintain and improve the landscape of all facilities through management of internal gardeners and contracted landscape services.
• Maintain all landscape infrastructures to include irrigation systems, lighting systems, live and hardscapes, roads, bridges and fencing.
• Hands on role, will need to be able to work on daily maintenance projects.
• 5-10 years in a Leadership Role managing facility and maintenance operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering, Business or related field, Higher education and training in specific aspects of managing facility maintenance
operations, hands on working knowledge in trouble shooting electrical and mechanical systems a plus.
• Understanding of Continuous Improvement / Lean principles, a plus.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including fluent in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow, position will require vehicle travel to multiple sites. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean MVR.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to understand all safety requirements.
• Spanish language skills a plus.
• Must be available 24/7 to meet the needs of the facility operations during emergency and project management activities.
• Experience in planning, organizing and managing a highly technical customer-facing operation
• Builds working relationships with peers in achieving and maintaining the accuracy and consistent flow of information, execution of procedures, and performance of the
• Desired but not required: D1 Drinking Water Distribution System Operator’s license
• Desired but not required: Technical training and skills in electrical, welding, machining, plumbing
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend, and stand for prolong periods of time.
• Climb stairs and cat walks.
• Use hands to operate small hand tools.
• Operate vehicles (pickup truck, flatbed truck, forklift and scissor lift)
• Sit for prolonged periods of time working at a computer.
Joseph Phelps Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.