Guest Relations upholds the HALL philosophy of quality, responsibility and exceptional customer service by working as part of a successful Visitor Center team. This role ensures a world class experience for winery guests by providing courteous service, accurate information and making appropriate recommendations to create a memorable experience for our guests.
• Work closely with MOD to book public tours and maximize profitability while maintaining the highest standards of hospitality and customer service. Booking and charging tours appropriately as to ensure a smooth flow throughout the day.
• Inform visiting guests about variety of experiences available at the Visitor Center, and assisting them in making a choice that best suits their needs and desires.
• Ensure that reservations are accurately recorded at the reception desk, in person, by telephone, and through the Cellar Pass and Salesforce systems for all HALL public tour programs.
• Assist with inputting shipping orders, retrieving and properly recording wine pickups, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy.
• Promote and sell the wine club, assist Wine Educators with wine sales and cash handling, focus on data capture.
• Ability to work in multiple systems, and assist with customer service issues that may arise
• Work with manager on ensuring merchandise in all areas is properly stocked and displayed
• Maintain, update and expand knowledge of viticulture, enology and HALL by participating in related educational opportunities sponsored by the winery and outside sources.
• Solve our customers’ problems and delight them with your prompt and professional communication.
• Respond to customers in a friendly and efficient manner over the phone, email and live chat.
• Make reservations for customers in our five tasting rooms, and upgrade VIPs to our elevated experiences.
• Deliver an engaging experience that exceeds expectations and delights guests.
• Maintain a contagious enthusiasm and pride. Always speak positively about HALL.
• Welcome guests, explain our offerings, pour wines, and answer questions.
Innovation and Initiative
• Make recommendations for improvement and support the decision of leadership.
• Immediately own and resolve problems.
• Take initiative to complete tasks and projects.
• Handle additional responsibilities as required by management.
1. Must be at least 21 years old in order to serve alcohol.
2. Previous experience in hospitality service preferably in a winery setting or restaurant.
3. Must agree to participate in random drug testing as required. HALL maintains a drug-free work environment.
4. Must be willing to go through background check.
Requires continuous standing and carrying 50 lbs.; occasional climbing, stooping, twisting and fine manipulation; intermittent bending.
Hours & days required:
Must be available to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
Excellent attendance is required with flexibility to work the hours as determined by business needs.
About HALL Family Wines:
• HALL, WALT and BACA produce critically acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Zinfandels that stand among the best in the world. We are deeply committed to the production of exceptional wines that are reflections of the land from which the grapes are grown. We are proud leaders in sustainability, having built the first LEED Gold winery in California, in addition to our 11 certified sustainable (CCWA) Estate vineyards.
• At HALL Family Wines, we strive to do the right thing, to follow responsible business practices and to give back to our communities. We believe in the philosophy of leaving the world better than we found it, a philosophy we have been putting into action for 50 years, both in business and through our family Foundation, established in 1977.
• Hall Wines is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status.
If values and community responsibility are important factors for you in choosing a place to work, if you enjoy working in an environment that prizes creativity, and if you hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in your job performance, this position may be a good fit for you.